IGNORED

Sunday will be warm enough to ride

Mariner Fan

In Indiana........

Looks like we will have an opportunity to ride due to one day of warm weather.

Man, I'm hoping that this is true. I'm not sure where I'll go, but I might just point the bike somewhere and see where it takes me. :)

As I write this it's about 18 degrees but Sunday will be almost 50 degrees...hopefully...

In Indiana........

Looks like we will have an opportunity to ride due to one day of warm weather.

Man, I'm hoping that this is true. I'm not sure where I'll go, but I might just point the bike somewhere and see where it takes me. :)

As I write this it's about 18 degrees but Sunday will be almost 50 degrees...hopefully...

Enjoy your rides, I wish I was there,

The forecast here is for the temp to drop to -32c by sunday night with a 30mph wind for a wind chill of -45, Our HIGH temp for Monday is sposed to be only -29c.

Anyone coming up here for a ride, lol!

Have fun you guys! Ill be thinking of you and being envious!!!!!

Brian:cool10::cool10:

I was thinking the same thing, ride on Sunday, but now there is rain in the forcast, but Saturday is supposed to be low 40's and that will be good enough. Roads are clear enough if you just watch out for the hidden slick spots, most roads are fully clear, just some parking lots, side roads have some icy patches. I will try to get out for something, even if for just a few minutes.

Geez, Lynn,

I hope my nice window of opportunity is not ruined by rain!

Well, maybe you'll have some luck Sunday that we won't have. Today here, it's supposed to be 41 and sunny. It's only 20 at the moment, but I made myself a heated jacket this year, so I'll be nice and toasty. I'll be heading out in a few minutes.

Got home at 3 this AM from a 40 hour 1700 mile round trip to Baton Rouge and back......... There was 5" of snow on I-12 between Baton Rouge and New Orleans Thursday nite on my way down! Was beautiful down there yesterday, though. Had just t-shirt on by 10, left at 1 to head home.

Gonna try to get time to get the bike out for a short one today or tomorrow!

I had a real nice ride today. I don't think we're going to get anywhere the 41* that they said, maybe half that, and it doesn't look like we're going to see the sun at all today like they said we would. But the roads are clear, and it's a real nice ride. With my heated jacket, I'm nice and comfortably warm. I pulled into a gas station at one point. A pickup pulled in behind me, the guy got out, and I overheard him grumble to someone else about how dang cold it was today. I turned around and looked at him, and he had more layers on than I did, and he's riding inside of a truck. I just laughed. Maybe he needs a heated jacket for his truck. :rotf:

Maybe I should go back out and ride around some more.

I rode the scoot back from the Shop today. Dodged ice spots all over the road home for the 15 mile ride and in some areas I had to just ride through praying. The heated jacket liner & gloves made it comfortable.....the ice spots convinced me to stay home for the rest of the day.

My Winter suffering has just begun.............:bawling:

I guess that weather will be here in Maine on Mon...

http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/52/26.gif?12122006

CloudyHigh

48°F

Precip

10%

I gotta wash my bike... last ride was in the rain on salty roads...

right now in Maine...

4:30 pm

http://i.imwx.com/web/common/wxicons/45/gray/33.gif

19° F

Mostly Clear

Feels Like 7° F

0% Chance Precip

44% Humidity

Wind From NNW 11 mph

I had a real nice ride today. I don't think we're going to get anywhere the 41* that they said, maybe half that, and it doesn't look like we're going to see the sun at all today like they said we would. But the roads are clear, and it's a real nice ride. With my heated jacket, I'm nice and comfortably warm. I pulled into a gas station at one point. A pickup pulled in behind me, the guy got out, and I overheard him grumble to someone else about how dang cold it was today. I turned around and looked at him, and he had more layers on than I did, and he's riding inside of a truck. I just laughed. Maybe he needs a heated jacket for his truck. :rotf:

Maybe I should go back out and ride around some more.

Hey Lynn, how about posting instructions on how to make a heated jacket so the rest of us can make some too? I know that Donna would sure love one.

How do you control the heat? Did you mount a thermostat or rheostat of some kind?

Come on....spill the beans!

Joe