My opinon only here...

To ensure you lubricated them well:

I myself would split the kill switch / starter button housing and remove the rear half of the housing from the handle bar just enough to where I could remove the two throttle cables from the round groved end of the grip.

You can loose the cable adjustments to do this and re-adjust them after you put it back to gether.

Once the cables are removed, you can hold them "upward in the air" and squirt your choice of lubricant down into the outer cable housing.

A little difficult,, but by hand, you can pull on each cable to work the oil in.

Replace the cables back into the round end of the grip as they were.

Do not pry on the cable for it can / will cause damage..

Assemble the switch housing making sure you align the plastic housing pin in the hole on the back side of the handle bar (if yours has one) ....insert and tighten the screws.

re-adjust the adjusters for proper cable tension and play....:thumbsup2:

They do make a cable lubricating tool, it's not very big, but you put it on the end of the cable shield with the cable going through it. It has an input for the little red tubes from a lubricating spray can. This unit gets installed with the spray can attached, you spray the lub right into the cable housing. Easy as 123. Your MC dealer should have one of these things, if not, call me and I'll get one for you.

My opinon only here...

To ensure you lubricated them well:

I myself would split the kill switch / starter button housing and remove the rear half of the housing from the handle bar just enough to where I could remove the two throttle cables from the round groved end of the grip.

You can loose the cable adjustments to do this and re-adjust them after you put it back to gether.

Once the cables are removed, you can hold them "upward in the air" and squirt your choice of lubricant down into the outer cable housing.

A little difficult,, but by hand, you can pull on each cable to work the oil in.

Replace the cables back into the round end of the grip as they were.

Do not pry on the cable for it can / will cause damage..

Assemble the switch housing making sure you align the plastic housing pin in the hole on the back side of the handle bar (if yours has one) ....insert and tighten the screws.

re-adjust the adjusters for proper cable tension and play....:thumbsup2:

I will have to take a second look at it but there didn't seem to be enough adjustment on the adjuster to give the necessary slack to get the cable off the grip slot. Had a similar problem with my Suzuki C50 before this bike. Maybe I need to loosen the lower cable adjusters as well.

They do make a cable lubricating tool, it's not very big, but you put it on the end of the cable shield with the cable going through it. It has an input for the little red tubes from a lubricating spray can. This unit gets installed with the spray can attached, you spray the lub right into the cable housing. Easy as 123. Your MC dealer should have one of these things, if not, call me and I'll get one for you.

Hey, if they build it I will come. That sounds like a much more civilized method than fighting with Phillips head screws, wires, and micro switches each time. Let me know where I can get them and I'll order a few. My wife has Suzuki C50 with dual throttle cables a rear brake cable and a manual clutch cable so I have a lot more cables to lube than most others do.:sun1:

I will have to take a second look at it but there didn't seem to be enough adjustment on the adjuster to give the necessary slack to get the cable off the grip slot.

I have always had enough slack after loosening the adjusters..your 06 should be same as mine.. I used a very small screwdriver to push the cable end pin out of the slot and out they came.

I even counted the turns when I loosened the adjusters and upon re-assembly, turned them in opposite direction the same amount of turns to get them back really close to where they were..then minor adjusted for proper slack ..:thumbsup2:

I will have to take a second look at it but there didn't seem to be enough adjustment on the adjuster to give the necessary slack to get the cable off the grip slot.

I have always had enough slack after loosening the adjusters..your 06 should be same as mine.. I used a very small screwdriver to push the cable end pin out of the slot and out they came.

I even counted the turns when I loosened the adjusters and upon re-assembly, turned them in opposite direction the same amount of turns to get them back really close to where they were..then minor adjusted for proper slack ..:thumbsup2:

Thanks Eck. Will take another look at it this weekend.