IGNORED

Amazing Grace sung by Il Divo

Sleeperhawks Mechanic

My grandmother’s favorite song was Amazing Grace and every time I hear the song, my heart fills with her love. I wanted to share this with you so that you too may feel the love of our Lord in your hearts. :2133: :bighug:

May God bless all of you,

Bobbie

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtrnB4FZ-yc]YouTube - Il Divo - Amazing Grace[/ame]

:bawling: Well, I hope nobody comes into my office till I can put myself back together. That is a beautiful rendition.

Don't tell Tartan Terror, but there's just something amazing in the sound of bag pipes isn't there?(Don't want him to get a big head and all.....but I think it would be fun to have a little of his music on here to listen to)

Thanks for this rendition. Stunning to say the least. I grew up singing this song and admiring this song and it's always been a favorite. I've been to many funerals of police officers killed in the line of duty where this is usually played on bagpipes. You won't find a dry eye around when this is done. I also love the rendition sung by the Statler Brothers.

A beautiful piece. I guess we all have our favorite rendition of it which transports us back to another time and place.My version was done by Judy Collins, but id does bring back some hard memories. Back in another life when I was doing MedEvac, I would have it playing over the loudspeaker when we dropped in. Just our way of letting the guys know we were coming to get them.

Guest texasyamahamama

That is one of the most beautiful and touching hymns ever. Especially when you think that the author, John Newton, was a repentant slave trader. Thank you for posting. I'll be looking for the CD this weekend.

Jackie

That is one of the most beautiful and touching hymns ever. Especially when you think that the author, John Newton, was a repentant slave trader. Thank you for posting. I'll be looking for the CD this weekend.

Jackie

This is by far my most favorite! I found the CD on Amazon.com - Search for "The Promise" by IL Divo. It is on sale for $9.99!

Maybe Santa might get this CD for me for Christmas!:fingers-crossed-emo

For the opening of my son's Eagle Scout Ceremony (he earned his Eagle Scout at the age of 12), we chose the bagpipe version of Amazing Grace and the closing song was Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Medler. (But certainly not the video that is shown here!!!!:whistling: But needless to say, it took all I had not to break down and cry).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El-C3w4CYqo]YouTube - Wind Beneath My Wings[/ame]

Ride safe,

Bobbie