IGNORED

it's cold out there.

Snarley Bill

getting ready to leave for work, 32 degrees out there .weather man says feels like 20. low when i come home is supposed to be 17 and windy. i will let you all know how well my gerbings electric jacket works. so far it has been toasty warm in the 32 degree weather. :2133:

I think ur in the banana belt for a little while yet....:stirthepot::stirthepot:

We have had a good fall season so far until last night we got a light skiff of snow, but worse than that it dropped to -20c (around -5f )overnight ,,,nasty stuff for this time of year.

Brian

just got home 17 degrees, gerber jacket worked great had to turn it down was getting a little warm both ways. big problem was ice forming on the inside of my face shield. could'nt see real good on the highway.had to ride awhile with it open. i will quit riding when we start having black ice. impossible to hold one up on ice. tried that on a frozen lake one time. my wife says i'm nuts. what else is new. :rotfl: :2133:

Water freezes on roadways at that temp. How are the glacier grips on the scoot? Ride safe Bill. I use to ride at those temps but never again.Guess I lost my nerve.

No, you gained a little common sense, I dont ride in the dark below 32 degrees. Like Bill mentioned Black Ice will take you out in a second, and I dont care how good of a rider you are

:no-no-no:

No, you gained a little common sense, I dont ride in the dark below 32 degrees. Like Bill mentioned Black Ice will take you out in a second, and I dont care how good of a rider you are

:no-no-no:

Me either I actually upped my limit to 37 degrees in dark especially early morning dark.

well it's 22 here now and i'm getting ready to hit the road soon for my saturday morning coffee run. think i'm going to take the truck. the radio is a little clearer, and the coffee stays warm longer. i could change my mind though. could accidently fall onto the bike when i get in the garage. been known to happen. lol :sign29::cool10: :2133:

I am about to leave for work on this cold Sat. morining, I have the van warming up, the temp outside right now is 16 degrees. Its a little after 5:00 am here in Newnan, Ga., pretty cold for this time of the year here. Rode to work yesterday morning and it was 21 outside, not too bad a ride, but its only 10 miles, the only thing that gets a little chilly is my fingertips..........We dont get much black ice here unless some idiot leaves their sprinkler on overnite and it runs out into the road, but that does happen once and a while........Be very carefull out there in these temps frostbite is another big problem if your exposed to long..........:snow:

So, Of course, since I have all the stuff to ride around comfy in 30 degree weather. It snows and goes into a deep freeze....sigh. Its like 20 outside right now and some of the melt from yesterday is on the road frozen. If it goes up past 40 I'll go out later. As Im typing this I hear a motor running, sounded like a HD going by. I looked out to see if it was a bike.....airplane. good I don't feel so wimpy now. If she dint fire up on the first or 2nd try when its below 30 she don't want to start anyways. I have to wait a little while and try again . Took 3 trys the other day. But when the sun was finaly covered by clouds and it got near rush hour. She fired.....:puzzled:

Come on Bill its just getting nippy! Your gerbing will do fine.:snow2: I know from experience with that liner, that it does well in 12 degree weather.Remember every day is a good day to ride.Just some are better than others.
hey henry if the bike will crank and start ,it's gonna get warmed up. hope to see you at my meet and eat in may. bill :2133:

i had an 1100 suzuki along time ago and rode to work all winter long. the first time i encountered black ice , i was on i-70 and hit the mo. river bridge about 70 mile per hour. the bike was floating all over the bridge. i thought it was just the wind, cuz the bridge is always windy. by the time i figured it out i was across the bridge. i found out the gyroscopic effect of the wheels keeps you up right. this is true. if i would have been doing 30 i probably would have lost it. another time the bridge was so slick i had to hang on to the guard rail and idle across in low gear. finally figured out that if i had frost on the top of my fence rail, there would be black ice on the bridge. :2133: