IGNORED

Checking the hydraulics

FROG MAN

MamaMo's 99 has been on my harbor freight lift since July. Right where I left it.:rotf::rotf::rotf: Just checking the hydraulics on my lift. I'm waiting on a few items to finish. Motivation and Round Tuit.

By the looks of the pictures she hasn't tried my seat that I had sent to her.:stirthepot:

Doesn't your jack have a locking pin or a locking mechanizim of some type that you can set in place and not worry about the hydralics..??

Most of them do and it would be very wise to use it if your going to leave the bike on the stand for long periods of time.

Mine has a steel rod that is about 16 inches long that I am able to insert through a couple holes in the jack frame, then I can let the jack down so that the weight of everything is on the steel rod and the hydralics are not even being used and are no longer a worry of failure...

If your not using the locking mechanizim, and the rubber seal blows out in the hydralic jack, you could be looking at some more expensive repairs and or, it could cause injury to you or someone else close by if it goes.