IGNORED

Question for all the electronic Gurus

dragerman

I’d like to make a headphone adapter that will allow me to plug a 1/8 stereo into the factory headset plug on a 2nd Gen for music listening.

I’ve got a noise reduction headset that I’d like to install in my helmet and plug directly into the bike. My thoughts are that if I get a male adapter and the 2nd Gen and the wiring diagram for the headset plug that I could make an adapter to a 1/8 female stereo plug. This (I hope) would allow me to plug in the noise reduction headset. Can it be done and do you think it will work???

Secondly, does anyone have the wiring or schematic diagram for the headset plug that shows what each pin is for??

Charlie

• 8 years later...

I've had a similar problem once, trying to find an adapter and not being able to find it for the life of me. I am not very good with computers, so that complicated the problem even more.

I've had a problem with my audio - none of my 3.5 mm audio jacks worked, inputs or outputs. When i connected my microphone and speakers to a USB adapter, audio played and recorded fine, but I wasn't able to use the 3.5 mm jacks.

I had speaker and microphone jacks on the front and back panels. They've worked perfectly in the past, but that time, no matter what I did it didn't work. Then I've downloaded and installed drivers for both of my chipsets and audio, but when I tried playing the sound through "HD Audio" it was as quiet as a grave. I have tried looing into the HD Audio Deck, but it was all in vain. Long story short, It turned out I was just missing a proper adapter, a pretty rare one because it was an old model. My colleague pointed me to https://www.icrfq.com/family/191 - lots of adapters in there. Hope this helps!