IGNORED

looking for switches

barend

:detective: I have found rocker switches, toggle switches, push button switches, water proof caps for any, mounting plates for multiple switches, but I have NOT found a single switch housing with two or three rockers/toggles. Does such an animal exist and if so where?:confused24: Thanks!

I found something similar to that, three seprate switches in a mounting block. really hoping to find one unit with three toggles/rockers. Much like the european light switches for house lights where the rockers are touching. I'l keep looking or find a different solution:)

Those set ups on the reserve are really cool, but I don't think you're going to find one to fit a 1stGen. If you do let me know... :) My '91 has three on-off-on position toggles mounted in the strip between the center cover and the tape player. The PO did a fairly decent job and they look pretty good. I mount one on the right dash for the driving lights on the '83 that works pretty good. Although I'm going to change the toggle to one of those protected safety toggles from Radio Shack. I think it's a #206. I keep hitting the toggle and accidently turning on the driving lights. Killed the batt a couple of times.

You might find a three gang rocker switch set, at "Mack truck", "kenworth truck", or some other truck co.

i know that they have them installed in a LOT of "dashboard/panel" type applications, but you would have to fabricate a way to attach them to your bike.

just jt

As expected, I couldn't find what I had in my head, so I replaced the one steel toggle with a set of color coded (lighted) rocker switches. One for driving lights, one for aux lights and one for future led's. Being somewhat of accident prone:shock3:, I did screw up and installed two of the switches rights on the edge of the fairing so I had to make a cut out. Oh, well!! Everyting turned out pretty good and I am pleased with the result except for the fact that one of the switches went on the fritz right after I tested and reassembled eveything :headache:. That'll have to be another day.