IGNORED

Guns and Ducks!

DkKnight

I picked up 2 single shot .22 rifles today.

1. A Remington Targetmaster 510P in really good shape. Has peep sights and very little wear any place. I found out they were manufactured from 1939 - 1968. Up to that time no serial numbers were required, so it is impossible to know how old it really is

2. A Ranger Single shot .22 M-34 rifle. Very good shape, stock finish is still glossy with very few dings. Research showed that they were manufactured for Sears by Marlin.

Will be taking them apart in the next day or so... or maybe after I get back from Arkansas at the end of the month. Will take them out and shoot them then.

On another note, Went duck hunting yesterday. My partner and I shot 13 ducks total. 8 for me and 5 for him. I even got 2 doubles. We spilt the kills to make sure we shot had the right numbers of the various birds to make the Wildlife folks happy,

2 Drake Mallards

1 Hen Mallards

2 Drake Shovelbills

2 Hen Shovelbills

4 Drake Gadwall

2 Hen Gadwall

Morning flight only gave us 3 birds, slow afternoon got us 2, the big run was the evening flight which came in large groups getting us the last 8 in the final hour and a half.

Wish we could get a bird for every shot fired...:bang head::bang head::bang head: would have about 35 birds !

Only my second season hunting and am loving the hell out of it. Started last season with a Remington 870 express 12 gauge. Moved up some this year with the purchase of a Benelli Super Black Eagle II :mo money:... What a sweet gun.:banana:

Yesterday was the third outing for the season. First day 0, Second day 1, Third day, 8 nice progression. Would be nice if I can limit each time.

What a day it was :hurts::hurts::hurts::hurts:

Tom! i am appalled!

where's your sporting blood?

everyone knows "you only shoot ducks, with a 28Ga. double barreled shotgun"!!!! or if you want to go BIG, use a 20 gauge!

lol

congrats on your continuing improvement, with that PUNT GUN!

lol

what do you do , with that BLACK meat?

i never knew anyone, who could eat wild duck!

just jt

I have my dad's old Targetmaster, but his has the standard V-notch and blade sights. No serial number. I don't know what year he bought it, but he's in his 70's now and he bought it when he was 12 years old from Sears for $12.

And remember boys and girls, if it flies it dies.

(first rule in bird hunting)

I need all the help I can get to kill the dumb birds. If I thought I would survive a 10 gauge I would try one of them! They really deserve it because a good number of the wanted into the pond so bad they circled and tried to drop in a second time.

As for the black meat... I find people who actually will cook and eat it. I have eaten it a couple of times and find it is a learned taste. It is kind of good marinated, skewered and cooked on the BBQ.

I love shooting dove and ducks, I hate the tase of the meat though, it tastes to me like liver and I hates liver. However, I will not shoot anything I'm not willing to eat (unless it deserves/needs to be shot). So I cowboy up and eat 'em. The best thing I've found to do with duck so far has been to cut the breasts into strips and fry them up as dick fingers. There's still some liver taste, but it's not so bad. I'd really rather eat quail though. And they desrve to be shot, especially after they scare the thunder out of me when they flush up. Dang near makes me wet my britches every time.

I love shooting dove and ducks, I hate the tase of the meat though, it tastes to me like liver and I hates liver. However, I will not shoot anything I'm not willing to eat (unless it deserves/needs to be shot). So I cowboy up and eat 'em. The best thing I've found to do with duck so far has been to cut the breasts into strips and fry them up as dick fingers. There's still some liver taste, but it's not so bad. I'd really rather eat quail though. And they desrve to be shot, especially after they scare the thunder out of me when they flush up. Dang near makes me wet my britches every time.

I wouldn't eat them either if they were dick fingers.....

heheheheheheheh ....... you said DICK!:doh::doh::doh::doh:

I need all the help I can get to kill the dumb birds. If I thought I would survive a 10 gauge I would try one of them! They really deserve it because a good number of the wanted into the pond so bad they circled and tried to drop in a second time.

As for the black meat... I find people who actually will cook and eat it. I have eaten it a couple of times and find it is a learned taste. It is kind of good marinated, skewered and cooked on the BBQ.

A marinate with Western Salad dressing is pretty good and then smoked!

• 6 months later...