IGNORED

Saw the Kawasaki Voyager today

Midrsv

I was at Biketoberfest for a while today and stopped by the Kawasaki display and looked at the new Voyager. While I am not ready to trade my Venture, the Voyager is a nice bike. It felt very comfortable to set on but had a little less leg room than the Venture. The saddle bags and trunk had a decent amount of space. I like that the trunk opens from the side. Here are a few photos I snapped of it.

I also looked at the new Vmax and I liked it as well if I were into that type of bike. I asked the Yamaha rep about a new Venture and he just expressed the same hope that most of us have that Yamaha will update it. If he new anything he didn't let you know.

Dennis

I was at Biketoberfest for a while today and stopped by the Kawasaki display and looked at the new Voyager. While I am not ready to trade my Venture, the Voyager is a nice bike. It felt very comfortable to set on but had a little less leg room than the Venture. The saddle bags and trunk had a decent amount of space. I like that the trunk opens from the side. Here are a few photos I snapped of it.

I also looked at the new Vmax and I liked it as well if I were into that type of bike. I asked the Yamaha rep about a new Venture and he just expressed the same hope that most of us have that Yamaha will update it. If he new anything he didn't let you know.

Dennis

Any info on the $$MSRP price?

I really need to see this bike before I get my hopes up. I had a 2006 Kawasaki 1600 Nomad and loved it. I'm 6'7" and want a full touring bike. I am not willing to spend $2K+ to upgrade an already expensive GL1800 just so it can fit me, so I have been patiently waiting for either the reurn of the Voyager, or a revamped and modernized Venture (EFI/MPS etc). By the look of the pics of the Voyager, I may be waiting for the 2010 Venture and hoping for the best.

:Venture:

I still want to see and hear it in person.

The CB thing hurts, but if you don't want to tie up a saddle bag, I had a handheld Cobra mounted on the handlebars of my old Voyager that I got from JP Cycles. It camewith a set up that hooked onto your headsets, PTT switch and mount.

It worked pretty well, range was OK, but if you only use it when you're riding in a group, it's all you need.

I still want to see and hear it in person.

The CB thing hurts, but if you don't want to tie up a saddle bag, I had a handheld Cobra mounted on the handlebars of my old Voyager that I got from JP Cycles. It camewith a set up that hooked onto your headsets, PTT switch and mount.

It worked pretty well, range was OK, but if you only use it when you're riding in a group, it's all you need.

Looking at what J&M is offering now in a M/C CB system, I can't see that anything being offered by Kawasaki would "tie up a saddle bag" .... these new-fangled CB systems are getting pretty compact and ya can't compare the size to that of a 6-CD changer LOL.

Like the looks of the bike in general but,,,,,,,,,

I would fire the guy who designed the dash. Do not like the dash at all. Think about it - You get to design a dash by your own ideas and this is all you can come up with???

Will be waiting for the new Venture and see if I like it. Will settle for my 1998 RS Tour Classics for now. But a Venture is certainly gonna happen in the near future - the future look or the one we have now. Have torn apart Suzuki Boulevard 1500, Honda VTX 1300, Harley Roadking, Yamaha Virago 1100 and the Yamaha Royal Star Tour Classic. Even though I am a Yamaha fan then I think that it can not be argued that the Yamaha bikes are one class above regarding strong design and craftmanship. No short cuts there. Just my humble opinion though and do not expect everybody to agree with me - eeehhhh even though I am right :whistling:

I talked to my local Kawie dealer today. He said that when they went to the trade show, the company didn't even give them a release date. He said that there were several dealers that wanted to order and were told it would not be available for ordering until after the new year. Then he said that as slow as they ship, even if I paid cash today, I wouldn't see my bike before April. I asked him what they figured it would cost, he said he hoped $16-18K depending on options. I even thought about selling my venture, but Mama put an end to that, BTW My state retirement systems quarterly report came in. It lost 27% this year. Good thing I am retiring from the Army and not Utah.

Wilkie

"The secret to good management is

to keep those who hate you, away from those who have yet to form an opinion"

(Casey Stengel)

stuff I learned from the AVA website

Hydraulic valves -

CB module mounts inside a saddlebag - hmmm:(

The CB module does mount inside one of the saddlebags I understand, but the controls for it are on the handlebars, and the channel display I am told is in the center LCD display.

I'm wondering why Kaw has not released the price for this scoot!!

Anybody taking bets it will be more than $24K???:shock3:

According to the AVA site, it is because all items are not yet settled on. It is a pre-production model, and a few things may change which will affect the price. It is rumored that it will be very competitively priced however, which sounds like to me that it will beat all others.

I'm wondering why Kaw has not released the price for this scoot!!

Anybody taking bets it will be more than $24K???:shock3:

24k .. ??? ... even up here I doubt it will be that high... I'll "venture" a guess at around 22k CDN for the "top model". It has to be competitive with the '09 Venture and the '09 Ultra and the Ultra (currently at 24,500 with ABS) is always going to be higher than the Venture. I think the Voyager will be right in between Venture and Ultra.

BTW, I'm pretty sure I saw a new ('08) Venture going for around 17,5 at a local dealer.