IGNORED

Route 23 in PA

george_park

You guys need a "before winter lunch meet & eat" or a "last 08 weekend ride" scheduled real quick..for winter is coming upon you soon.......

But those of us who moved SOUTH....can ride almost year round...we will think of you..:rasberry:

You guys need a "before winter lunch meet & eat" or a "last 08 weekend ride" scheduled real quick..for winter is coming upon you soon.......

But those of us who moved SOUTH....can ride almost year round...we will think of you..:rasberry:

Hey!! WE don't allow that kind of talk on here!!:stirthepot:

Hey we have one scheduled for Oct 19th, Thanks for reminding me about that "winter" thing:thumbdown: Craig

• 2 weeks later...
How about Route 6, you can visit the Lil Grand Canyon.

thanks Adam

we are back from a ride down to PA to do some of route 6. we joined Bongobobs fall

colors ride to the south then we broke off to carry down to see route 6.

we stayed in a town called Cuba and we ended up joining a dance :whistling: at a wedding reception at a restaurant we had dinner at. Ooooohhhh Sherry. :doh:

we started at the western starting point of route 6 and made our way east bound. :wow:

we stopped into the Oxyoke Inn as there was 30 plus bikes parked outside, and had some great food:beer: and chatted with numerous folks.

we went further east and stopped into Colder mountain to see the PA grand canyon, a definite must see. :thumbsup2:

then we had to head for home, :bawling:so we went north on 15 and wound up going through the finger lakes by Watkins Glen.:sign kewl:

we will be back down to do the rest of route 6 to the east for sure.:biker:

this route is definitly made for motorcycles and is probably the nicest road we have been on.

cheers, Scott

You're welcome. Rt. 6 is a nice ride. It has been several years since I have been up there. It was overcast when we visited the PA Grand Canyon. I'll have to make another trip up there again. There is also an old railroad bridge close to the Grand Canyon that is worth visiting. It is very tall and you can walk across it, it is a tourist attraction. Can't remember the details, I'll have to look that one up.

Love the Finger Lakes. That is some beautiful scenery up there. My old boss has a lake house on Keuka Lake. The wineries are a must visit for some free sampling, but you have to pace yourself. :starz:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If its a paved road in Potter County its usually a nice ride. North central PA has the best scenery. And rt6 is a nice road. Down my way in Philly. Rt82 seems to be "the"road for nice ride. That the Brandywine and Amish country are all good rides. Del water gap and Poconos too. I did 82 last weekend

• 3 years later...

North Eastern PA Rt. 6 near Tittioute is "Simpler Times Museum".

Sign says open by appointment or chance.

The old timer that runs it lives in the house out back.

He's gotta be a multi millionaire. Old cars, trucks, heavy equipment, lots of oil drilling rigs and equipment, some very old Mack trucks, one's even a chain drive, lots of old gas pumps, and most of this stuff has been restored to showroom condition. An absolute must see if you're up that-a-way.

There's a lookout just outside of Renovo off Rt. 120 that's pretty cool too. You can see for miles. They used to hang glide from that point. Not sure if they still do or not, but a great place to ride to and check out. There's some great ridin' in PA for sure.:cool10: