The golden Calipers have Aluminium Piston, the blue have Steel Pistons. Not sure about the silver Caps.

Thanks Squeeze. I've never seen a silver for sale... or maybe I just haven't noticed ?? Which do you think would actually be better?? Steel rusts and aluminum oxidizes???

The silver ones are on the MT-01(not sold in US) and on some TDM 900 Models, probably also on the last R6 Models with standard mounted Calipers.

I've heard about two Guys reporting Lock Up with the golden Calipers, but i don't think that was a Problem with the Pistons or whatever Part related. I think they overfilled the Reservoir and thereby cause the Caliper to lock up when the Fluid heated up under braking.

If there would be a Problem with a specific Piston Material, we all would have heard about it, because these Calipers are on a Lot, and i mean a LOT of Models out there.

I'd prefer the Colour which is cheaper and fit better to the Look of my Bike.

The silver ones can be found on the newer Roadstars and 'liners. But they haven't been on those bikes long enough for very many of them to start showing up on ebay. Some of them have chrome caps on them too, which unfortunately are not available separately.

The silver ones are on the MT-01(not sold in US) and on some TDM 900 Models, probably also on the last R6 Models with standard mounted Calipers.

I've heard about two Guys reporting Lock Up with the golden Calipers, but i don't think that was a Problem with the Pistons or whatever Part related. I think they overfilled the Reservoir and thereby cause the Caliper to lock up when the Fluid heated up under braking.

If there would be a Problem with a specific Piston Material, we all would have heard about it, because these Calipers are on a Lot, and i mean a LOT of Models out there.

I'd prefer the Colour which is cheaper and fit better to the Look of my Bike.

Thanks Squeeze. I wonder if it had anything to do with different heat transfers between the two metals. Aluminum would transfer heat/energy to the fluid quicker, but also disapate the heat just as quickly. While steel would heat slower and cool slower. Keeping the brakes cool is the most important thing, and depending on the style of riding, either application would do well. For light usage applications perhaps steel would be a better choice.