IGNORED

Gerbing's Power-Plug Cap

petekadish

Hey Guys!

I am sure that if any of you are wired with Gerbings heated gear, that your original end-cap (the plastic cover the power-plug connector), has probably fallen apart like both of mine have. I have two of these. One for my wife (passenger) and one for myself.

This is really no big concern, but I would like to keep moisture from getting in there with something which doesn't look out of place - like a baggie. I'm thinking that something like a flexible rubber tire-valve stem cap which isn't threaded. I'll have to check with some of the local tire shops to see if they have something which would work well.

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks!

Pete.

Hey Guys!

I am sure that if any of you are wired with Gerbings heated gear, that your original end-cap (the plastic cover the power-plug connector), has probably fallen apart like both of mine have. I have two of these. One for my wife (passenger) and one for myself.

I'm thinking that something like a flexible rubber ....cap which isn't threaded.

Pete,

I do not have the Gerbings heated gear or the power-plug connector that you are talking about, so if this sounds stupid, please excuse me.

With out having a measurement to go by, I do not know the "outer diameter" of your

power-plug connector.

However, here is my idea..

Many drill bits are dipped into a liquid mixture to form to a rubber cap to protect the end of the drill bit....these are not the caps I will be speaking of here..

There are also drill bits that come with a machine formed rubber cap, (injection molded) and some steel tubing also come with the same type of flexable rubber cap that I am talking about. These caps pull of the end of the drill bit or off the end of the steel tubeing...they are also protectors...

You might be able to go to your local home depot or Lowes and see if they have an extra rubber cap just laying in the bin that fits a drill bit or a steel tube that is the same outer diameter that your power-plug connector is..

You can just push it over the top of the connector as it goes on the drill bit or tube..

The rubber caps come in all different sizes so maybe you can find one for free...:confused24:

These rubber caps also come in different colors..(I would use black or red).

You can also poke a small hole in the side of the rubber cap and tie a small string to it and tie the other end of the string to the cord at the base of the plug so you dont loose it..(tether it)

Edited by Eck