IGNORED

shipping out of the states

davepa

i have shipped quite a few items back to the UK, from Canada ofcourse. they usually are charged vat (17.5%tax) + duty on out of country items over 35 # s ,also charged more if shipped by UPS etc. best to use USPS.i have shipped back Triumph MC parts (chrome stuff nothing to big) without any problems,i just put on the shipping slip returning items,saves them tax and duty, these are shipped to mates not ebayers. what are you planning to ship over there.

My question has always been - how do you protect yourself if the recipient decides to claim that the package never arrived? The USPS can only track packages with the US. So if a foreign buyer pays with paypal and then decides to claim the package never arrived, whether it did or not, and then files a claim with paypal, how does one protect himself against paypal taking his money away?

My question has always been - how do you protect yourself if the recipient decides to claim that the package never arrived? The USPS can only track packages with the US. So if a foreign buyer pays with paypal and then decides to claim the package never arrived, whether it did or not, and then files a claim with paypal, how does one protect himself against paypal taking his money away?

Use the other country's postal tracking system (if there is one), with the same tracking # as shipped with. Here is the link for the Canada Post Tracking. http://www.canadapost.ca/Personal/Tools/Track/ItemSingle.aspx

This sometimes takes a while to get updated, as any other method of tracking. :2cents:

It doesnt matter with UPS or Fedex they just track the number all the way to destination, with USPS there is a handoff done at Customs and then the items are tracked at the Canada post website using same number.

Brian

When I export items anywhere, I don't guarantee delivery. I do guarantee that it's been consigned to the shipper, and back it up with receipts etc. But once out of the country there isn't really any control over it getting though. That said, I've never had an item not make it...knock on wood... In the case of an OB motor going to Dubai last month, I wouldn't even arrange shipping. The onus was on the buyer to arrange shipping. Right now I'm working on a shipment to Cartagena Panama. Not sure what I'm going to do with this one as shipments going south of the boarder have a high rate of vaporization... :)

UPS shipping outside the country is ten times USPS. Pretty much won't be considering that. I don't know about Fedex's foreign rates.

My postmaster tells me that if a package is going outside the country, he can't even issue a tracking number. So there is no way to use another country's tracking system.

I do know a tale of a package going to Brazil that supposedly never made it. The buyer filed a claim with paypal and the seller lost his money, even after supplying the customs form number. No idea whether the package was actually lost or the buyer was lying. This is exactly what I'd like to know how to protect myself against.

UPS shipping outside the country is ten times USPS. Pretty much won't be considering that. I don't know about Fedex's foreign rates.

My postmaster tells me that if a package is going outside the country, he can't even issue a tracking number. So there is no way to use another country's tracking system.

I do know a tale of a package going to Brazil that supposedly never made it. The buyer filed a claim with paypal and the seller lost his money, even after supplying the customs form number. No idea whether the package was actually lost or the buyer was lying. This is exactly what I'd like to know how to protect myself against.

I guess you could create buffer bank accounts and register them with Paypal. Also use a credit card with a low credit line. Just for paypal fees only. Transfer monies from the bank account registered with paypal to another account that isn't registered with them. That way any charge backs go at accounts with little or no money??? Seems like a lot of trouble tho-....

Your Postmaster is full of it, if the cheapest method of parcel post is used, no tracking # is available. One of the best ways with tracking is http://www.usps.com/international/prioritymailinternational.htm