IGNORED

Signature blocks

DkKnight

No, I put a restriction on the size of the signatures. Some folks were taking up half a page with their signatures. There used to be a restriction and then it got lost at some point and I put it back. I have posted about it a couple of times. Signatures should not take up as much space as they were starting to. It just eats up bandwidth and makes the pages load slower.

• 11 years later...

I realize this is an old, old post, but there seem to be issues again with images and links in signatures.

I'm getting some sort of "hidden content" notification instead of the link that I put in my signature, along with the advisory that I need a post count in excess of 10 before my image will appear.

My post count is in the hundreds, so that shouldn't be the problem. Can anybody tell me what's going on?

Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean. Your signature picture and the tag line seems to be showing ok.

Hi, Don. They are today, I just noticed, but they weren't 2 days ago or 3 days ago. If you can quickly check my history of posts oh, you will see that.

But if it's easier for you I can go find one and copy and paste it here.

The server must have had a temporary hiccup or something because I noticed the horse and saddle bums signature was missing and replaced with the words hidden content as well this morning. But only temporarily. It is back now as well.

I'm not imagining things, Don, and no, I didn't stay up all night drinking. LOL

There's either something wonky going on at Cocheco cable my internet provider, but more likely in your server.

If you check your documentation, you will find some reference 2 an error message that is the same as the one I gave in my first message here. It was a reference 2 images and links being hidden until the users post count was 10 or more.

I'm sure you have better things to do :-), so if this has not been a recurring problem Oh, I wouldn't worry about it.

I looked back at your posts for several days and they all include your complete signature on my end. I believe you but just don't know what caused it. There has been, and continues to be, some updates being done by our hosting provider for some of the server software. That may have had something to do with it.

I looked back at your posts for several days and they all include your complete signature on my end. I believe you but just don't know what caused it. There has been, and continues to be, some updates being done by our hosting provider for some of the server software. That may have had something to do with it.

Thanks for looking. Yeah....I looked back, too, and I see that they are all back "intact".........even saddlebum's (whose signature also said "Hidden content" in place of his "signature" horse pic.)

It was obviously a domain-wide phenomenon that came and went in the middle of some (as you say) updating...sub-routine or something...........before most people noticed (or woke up this AM). (Damn, the one time I didn't take a screenshot! Argh!)

Oh well, onward and upward!

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks for looking. Yeah....I looked back, too, and I see that they are all back "intact".........even saddlebum's (whose signature also said "Hidden content" in place of his "signature" horse pic.)

It was obviously a domain-wide phenomenon that came and went in the middle of some (as you say) updating...sub-routine or something...........before most people noticed (or woke up this AM). (Damn, the one time I didn't take a screenshot! Argh!)

Oh well, onward and upward!

Cheers,

Michael

I actually saw that too a few days ago but thought it was just an internet glich, I believe I noticed it on a few other web pages too I believe I was using chrome at the time but when I switched to IE or firefox it was ok.

Just did some testing and that is correct. I didn't realize that he wasn't logged in. Only logged in members can see signatures and most other things. I just logged out and I got the same messages and blank photos in the signatures.

Out of curiosity, Don, what IS the auto-logout timer set to?