IGNORED

New Kawasaki Voyager..

seforeman

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be a big seller for Kaw, seeing as how they have what we want on the second gen, and Yamaha doesnt see fit to make a few changes. Nice look, V twin doesnt make too much difference to me, seeing as I already ride one, it is liquid cooled, FI, 6 speed tranny:thumbsup:,& has everything except Cb listed as standard equip. I think they just may have hit a home run with this one. Only time will tell............I do agree with Brad on the front fairing, could be a little more refined, not really an eyecatcher in a good way to me.........but overall, just on looks and what I read, its a very good looking bike. I have just two questions, why didnt they go ahead and use their 2000cc engine instead, I believe that would have been a nice drawing card to have all that power on tap........ and what is the price............

Not crazy about the front fairing, but they definitely have lots more amenities than the RSV. I'm not a huge Vtwin fan but if Yamaha doesn't have a new platformed RSV by next year, I can see many going to this or the Ultra.

Not crazy about the front fairing, but they definitely have lots more amenities than the RSV. I'm not a huge Vtwin fan but if Yamaha doesn't have a new platformed RSV by next year, I can see many going to this or the Ultra.

The front end reminds of an old oldsmobile.

Sorry Squidly , I love my Venture, but I really do like the looks of the Kawi, especially the way the trunk opens and dashboard. Not crazy about belt drive and they don't say what the MPG estimation is. I keep telling the Mechanic we need a second bike, and this may be it. :whistling:

Sort of looks like they stoled the looks of the Venture, I guess we have a good looking bike. The throttle by wire sounds interesting. But we smooth V-4 riders would probably have a hard time going over to a vibrating V-twin. They say the trunk holds two large??? helmets, but doesn't look any bigger than the Venture trunk which doesn't hold two large helmets?? Can't figure belt drive either?? I guess I'll look for now, but I think it will be just like the RSV and take a couple of years to take off if it does?????? :confused24: Then there's always the cost :mo money:?

I like the fairing becaues it doesn't look like any other fairing out there. It's distinguishable. This would be a nice ride except for the belt drive. I really like the gloveboxes built into the fairing. Kinda reminds me of the Vetter fairings.

Ipod controls, vents in the lowers, nice, nice, nice.

- Multi-function LCD display in the center of the instrument console is controlled by switches on the right handle. Features include a gear position indicator, fuel gauge, clock, odometer, dual trip meters, remaining range and average fuel consumption

- Analog displays include speedometer, tachometer and coolant temperature gauge

- Audio system with twin speakers features radio (FM/AM/WX) and compatibility with an iPod, XM tuner or CB radio unit

- The audio system (and iPod) can be operated by switches on the left handlebar

- Ignition switch allows on-position key removal; preventing key bunches from damaging the luxurious chrome finish around the ignition area while the bike is in operation

Kawasaki may have just built a Venture and RoadGlide killer here.

I like the looks but pics seem to show that it would not be very comfortable for us long legged folks.

Also did not see a rear shot so I wonder about the lighting package on the rear.

Like the idea of the amp availability.

Be interesting to see and ride.

Click the link in the post above yours and go straight to Kawa's site.

The rear end lights up like a Christmas tree.

The Kawi V-twin is a very smooth engine. I would not discount it on fears of vibration. I like the looks. Not in the market, but if I was, it would get serious consideration. I hope they improved the suspension over the orginal nomads. The one I owned was a bit rough over bumps.

They say the trunk holds two large??? helmets, but doesn't look any bigger than the Venture trunk which doesn't hold two large helmets??

My first thought was that the trunk looked smaller than the Venture, but it looks like it's roughly about the same size.

If you don't have a trunk rack and the associated hardware inside the trunk I believe that the Venture trunk WOULD hold 2 helmets. If you watch the video they show the helmets, in the trunk, and the lid coming down, however, they don't show latching the trunk. The way it looked to me, when the lid came down it didn't seat all the way on the backrest side. Looked like the lid would mash down a bit on the helmets when latched.

Edit: Went and looked at the video again. Sure enough, they show the helmet in the trunk and when they lower the trunk and push on the rear you can see that the helmets hold the back rest end of the trunk up. They never latch it either. And that's without the hardware from a trunk rack inside the lid. So I'm saying that this trunk WILL NOT hold 2 helmets especially if you add a trunk rack.

Edited by gibvel
addition

Sort of looks like they stoled the looks of the Venture, I guess we have a good looking bike. The throttle by wire sounds interesting. But we smooth V-4 riders would probably have a hard time going over to a vibrating V-twin. They say the trunk holds two large??? helmets, but doesn't look any bigger than the Venture trunk which doesn't hold two large helmets?? Can't figure belt drive either?? I guess I'll look for now, but I think it will be just like the RSV and take a couple of years to take off if it does?????? :confused24: Then there's always the cost :mo money:?

My trunk holds an XL and L helmet and I have the wing and trunk rack.

No problems putting the helmets in there unless its full of camera chips. :whistling:

First thing I noticed was the leg room for the driver. Does not look that good for big guys as you can see their feet are hanging over on the floor boards which is not a good sign, plus it looks like their having cramps riding . But over all I like the looks of the Bike but hate the idea of belt drive. Sorry but I 'll stick with my Wing .

Buddy

what can i say. it's a gold wing with a vtwin. i think it is one awesome machine what more could one want. if i did'nt like the turbine type power delivery of my flat six in my gold wing i would consider one. one thing to remember the bigger the vtwin the rougher the power pulses. i had that in my 1700 warrior. great for a cruiser but not for luxury touring bike. it is hard to resist. if i want the vtwin feel i ride my vstar 1300. it satifies my needs for the vtwin feel. bill :2133: ps. gee it is one nice machine.