IGNORED

Lowered Front End How to add air?

MikeyJ

Lowered the front end 1 inch using tech step by step instructions. (Those need to be better with photos) Now I can't add air to the front suspension because handle bars are touching the air ports. Any ideas besides removing the handlebars to add air? :doh:

Or, you could install the Baron's riser extensions. I lowered the front of my RSV and installed the extensions and that allowed me to add air to the front as well as making the riding position much more comfrotable.

Did you have to do anything about cable reach? On mine it seems kind of tight...

What difference does winter make... you mean like having to put the bike up for the winter? What does rotating the tubes entail? Besides undoing everything I have already done. Next time around it will be easy. I did remove the handlebars to add air. Very inaccurate pressure tool in the tool kit. Got it right to just below 10 on my regular pressure gauge. Seems to be okay, even though the manual says no more than 7 psi. :sun:

Did you have to do anything about cable reach? On mine it seems kind of tight...

No, I didn't do anything to the cables. I did make sure the throttle cable was not attached anywhere. I did remove the tank to remove a clamp, thanks to flb who told me about that one.