IGNORED

Bike repaired after wreck

Eddy

Hey guys,

Just an update. I now have all the new parts on my bike. The mechanic showed me the back brakes and the inner side of them was "metal to metal!" Now wonder it didn't stop correctly. Probably the reason I went down. Cost over $8000.00 for all the replacements pieces. They even put on a full "Bubs" exhaust system and I really think it's running better. I just rode the bike 160 miles through some tough Kentucky mountain backroads and it did just fine. My brakes on had 14,000 miles so be sure to keep a check on them. I know I will from now on. My bike is just like new and I had a great time on it today.

Eddie Flinchum

Winchester, Ky.

GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE YOUR RIDE BACK..MUST HAVE FELT GREAT TO GET BACK IN THE SADDLE AND TO BE RIDING AGAIN...I HAVE A 2005 WITH 14400 MILES ON IT..REPLACED THE REAR BREAKS YESTERDAY..LIKE YOU SAID..ONE SHOE WAS DOWN TO THE METAL..GOT THEM CHANGED NOT A DAY TO SOON....COULD HAVE BEEN NASTY...CHANGED IT OUT BEFORE I GOT IN ANY TROUBLE...FRONTS ARE STILL AT 40 PERCENT..WILL STILL CHANGE THEM AT THE END OF THE SEASON TO BE SAFE...START WITH A FRESH SET FOR NEXT YEAR...RIDE SAFE..:Venture:

Eddie,

Glad to hear the bike is back. I crashed August 14, and am still waiting for the insurance company to issue a check so that the dealer can get the parts ordered. Like you the estimate is around $7500! I just got a copy of the estimate Friday and I'm already questioning some of the items. I hope mine turns out as good as yours! Best Wishes!

Mark