IGNORED

Ol' stator took a poop......

1BigDog

Looks like the stator decided to take a dump on me. Guess its my opportunity to try out the one from Buckeye Performance. I talked to Rick the other day and im convinced that thats the way im going to go. Guess ill be bikeless for a few weeks......Grrrrrrrr

:mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money:

I kinda wish the stator in mine would take a poop. I want one of Buckeye's stators, and if mine would quit, it would move to the head of the priority list pretty quickly. Thirteen years and over 50,000 miles on mine and still going good. Man, when you want something to break...

hi jeff

sorry yor are having problems if you need help changing the starter let me know or if you need the jack brackit let me know my starter relay is going bad the other day comming home from nc i went to start it and the starter kepted on running so i got a new one to put on tomorrow do you know where the starter relay is at on the bike? let me know if you need help

kevin wisor

1999 rsv

jax fl

It took a couple of hours. The hardest part was getting the Philips screwsout that hold the stator in, and everything else that need to come off. I ended up having to drill the screws out and retap the holes. I used hex bolts when I put it back together. I wish you better luck getting it apart but I would still by a tap and chase the holes I believe it was an M6 tap. Good luck & keep us updated.

It took a couple of hours. The hardest part was getting the Philips screwsout that hold the stator in, and everything else that need to come off. I ended up having to drill the screws out and retap the holes. I used hex bolts when I put it back together. I wish you better luck getting it apart but I would still by a tap and chase the holes I believe it was an M6 tap. Good luck & keep us updated.

Yep, I read how hard those phillips head screws are to remove, but im a patient man....yea right....LOL

Well, I just ordered the stator from Buckeye. Told my wife "thanks for letting me buy a stator for your birthday".......anyone have a spare bed I can use???:think:

I'm having cable put in the Doghouse. Its Football season!! I got the Warden a electric hedge trimmer for her birthday trying to make things easier for her, the old hand one was getting dull. Must have been the wrong color!!

You provide the bed, ill bring the 65" tv for those football games........

Yep, I read how hard those phillips head screws are to remove, but im a patient man....yea right....LOL

Well, I just ordered the stator from Buckeye. Told my wife "thanks for letting me buy a stator for your birthday".......anyone have a spare bed I can use???:think:

Sure...come on up!! You may even get that cheesecake to boot!!:stirthepot::rotf:

Sorry to hear about the stator going bad on you Jeffy

Dont send the old stator to the trash I would like to get it from you to see the differences between the 1st and 2nd gens.I am trying to find a shop to rewind them (reasonable priced) for an exchange program

Jeff