IGNORED

3 at the same time

AKRefugee

Went to Marcus Dairy in CT near the CT/NY boarder today. Big meet every Sunday morning there. Pulled in and parked next to an 08 then went walking the bikes (maybe 400 to 500). Went to front on building and seen two more 08's parked side by side. I've had mine for a year now and haven't seen but one on the road so see three at the same time actually parked was cool. Talked to all three of the owners and told them about this site. Sure hope they make it here.

The pair at the front was two buddies who had bought their bikes together. I asked if either of them had done the leveling link yet and they not only told me no but that for the shorter of them the dealer had actually lowered the rear end. I asked him about the low speed handling and he was very descriptive (would quote him but this is a family site) about his feelings on that subject as said he was was getting sick and tired of dropping it in the parking lot. We talked a bit and I told him that instead of lower the rear end he should go back to the dealer and have them return it to stock height and then come here and learn how to drop the front end. After I got done explaining how the geometry was made worse by dropping the rear end I thought his buddy was going to bust a gut. All he could do was bust his chops about letting the dealer do the exact opposite of what needed to be done to get the results he really wanted. Got a feeling these guys will fit right in here. Sure hope they show up here and get it right. This is to great a ride to let something like that discourage someone from owning one.

I have to agree with you on finding the information on this site to lower the front end.

I found a couple good articles on the tech forum, and lowered the front end on my 08 in about 4 hours. The instructions were great and the results are fantastic. The slow speed handling is so much better. I want to thank all who posted the instructions.