IGNORED

Radio/sound issues

I hope some of you can help me pinpoint a problem I have with my audio system on my Venture.

On a long ride to Yosemite while listening to the radio suddenly the sound would fade away when I was increasing speed and as soon I would let go of the throttle it would return. This problem has since continued.

So when I take off it drops the sound as I go through the gears, once I am at cruising speed it is fine since I do not move the trottle much. ****ting down does not affect it.

Interesting enough it does not happen to the speakers - only to my headsets. I have tried two different headsets and both have same issue so I assume that it is not the headsets. Also it does it in aux (GPS) and radio. Have not tried the cassette yet.

Anyway, any idea what the issue is and how it can be fixed. Appreciate it. Thanks.

I dont know if this will help your problem but mine was doing the same thing with the speakers since I dont have a head set yet I dont know if it was doing it there. The plug in the fairing was vibrating lose just enough that it would come and go so they put some grease in it and wire tied it together so it wouldnt come apart and so far I havent had a problem. I hope that helps good luck.

Interesting enough it does not happen to the speakers - only to my headsets. I have tried two different headsets and both have same issue so I assume that it is not the headsets. Also it does it in aux (GPS) and radio. Have not tried the cassette yet.

Anyway, any idea what the issue is and how it can be fixed. Appreciate it. Thanks.

Wild guess here... Seems like it should be something unique to the headset operation since you have no problem on the speakers. Set the anti-vox (AV) to max, thats 5. And even the Intercom level (IC) to 0. It seems possible that your intercom is picking up the ambient noise and masking the other audio. The noise would be loudest when running through the gears.

Wild guess here... Seems like it should be something unique to the headset operation since you have no problem on the speakers. Set the anti-vox (AV) to max, thats 5. And even the Intercom level (IC) to 0. It seems possible that your intercom is picking up the ambient noise and masking the other audio. The noise would be loudest when running through the gears.

The reason you don't hear it on the speakers is that the headphones are much more sensitive.... Check the connection in the front faring. And add some dialectric grease while you are at it.

The reason you don't hear it on the speakers is that the headphones are much more sensitive.... Check the connection in the front faring. And add some dialectric grease while you are at it.

Thanks for the feedback guys - appreciate. Will look into the connection and see if that fixes it. If not I will be back.

My vote (wild guess) goes to the IC level. Could be the mic is picking up engine/exhaust noise and feeding that to the headset speakers while lowering the other audio signals (priority to IC ). Would not affect regular speaker output. That wouldn't explain why it would suddenly start happening unless you were recently messing with the controller and accidently turned up he IC.