IGNORED

Back from Sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

Just back from Sturgis...yall missed ALL The fun!

STURGIS, S.D. -- An off-duty Seattle police officer has been detained after a member of the Hells Angels motorcycle gang was shot and wounded during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota.It happened at about 1 a.m. Saturday in the Loud American Roadhouse -- a bar along Sturgis' main street. Police said there was a confrontation between members of the Hells Angels and the Iron Pigs, a motorcycle group made up of law-enforcement officers.Sturgis police said that two gunshots were fired. The Seattle officer was not identified.Seattle police said they were notified of the incident, and that four other Seattle officers were apparently also present during the shooting. All five officers were relieved of duty pending an investigation by South Dakota authorities, Seattle police spokesman Sean Whitcomb said.Whitcomb said that Seattle Police Chief Gil Kerlikowske sent a team of investigators to Sturgis to gather information.The Sturgis rally officially ends Sunday.

Brian,

Sorry we didn't hook up in Sturgis. Pam and I just got to Cody Wy for a couple of days. We figured we were so close to Yellowstone that we had to check it out.

This was my first trip to Sturgis and I must say that it blew Daytona out of the park. The vendors and bars were about the same but the riding made such a big difference. We are up to 800 pictures so far and I'm sure we will get another 500 or so out here in Yellowstone. If any of you have a couple of hours to blow I will post a link to them when we get home.

Tom

Just back from Sturgis...yall missed ALL The fun!

STURGIS, S.D. -- An off-duty Seattle police officer has been detained after a member of the Hells Angels motorcycle gang was shot and wounded during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota.It happened at about 1 a.m. Saturday in the Loud American Roadhouse -- a bar along Sturgis' main street. Police said there was a confrontation between members of the Hells Angels and the Iron Pigs, a motorcycle group made up of law-enforcement officers.Sturgis police said that two gunshots were fired. The Seattle officer was not identified.Seattle police said they were notified of the incident, and that four other Seattle officers were apparently also present during the shooting. All five officers were relieved of duty pending an investigation by South Dakota authorities, Seattle police spokesman Sean Whitcomb said.Whitcomb said that Seattle Police Chief Gil Kerlikowske sent a team of investigators to Sturgis to gather information.The Sturgis rally officially ends Sunday.

Not the first time I've heard a storyu about shootings at Sturgis. Another rason i'll probably never go. The area is beautiful i'd rather go and just enjoy the beautiful sights and friendly locals. Had a friend there a few years back in a bar where the Angels and another club cleared out the place with gun fire. He never was so scared.

Brian,

Sorry we didn't hook up in Sturgis. Pam and I just got to Cody Wy for a couple of days. We figured we were so close to Yellowstone that we had to check it out.

This was my first trip to Sturgis and I must say that it blew Daytona out of the park. The vendors and bars were about the same but the riding made such a big difference. We are up to 800 pictures so far and I'm sure we will get another 500 or so out here in Yellowstone. If any of you have a couple of hours to blow I will post a link to them when we get home.

Tom

That won't be too bad sleeperhawk's mechanic posts lots of pics and we get through all hers. :Laugh: I'd like to see them when you get them posted.

Margaret

My daughter and I just got in from the big ride too! WHAT A BLAST!!!!!

I have just over 7400 miles added on the 83 and 3 gig of pics to with it. From Lake Placid to Deals Gap and out to Sturgis!!!

Sturgis was wayyyy down in attendance this year in both vendors and attendors.. As a matter of fact, I would say 25 to 35 percent lower then I have seen in past years.. The Black Hills were absoulutly GORGEGOUS as usual and Sarah (my daughter) and I spent many nights under the stars.. The ONLY problem I had was keeping her away from the bikers (she falls in love to easily)!!

Concerning the shooting..

For those of you who have never been to the big one, PLEASE remember that this place is PACKED with everything from little kids, teenagers, wannabee bikers, Hard Core Bikers, and LEO.. It has been 20 years since anything like this has happened!! Judd Hoos, the group that was rocking the walls at the joint where this happened draws a HUGE crowd every year.

Its really to bad that out of state, off duty LEO who are choosing to go on vacation and attend a function like this rally cannot do so and leave the weapons behind.. The question lots of people were asking out there this year about whether or not the Officer had the right to carry because he is a Cop is NOT the real question that needs to be answered.. The REAL question is, what kind of person would fire a hand gun into a crowded room packed with people - what if he would have killed someone just to keep from getting beat up???

I have been there, I have listened to Judd Hoos with my kids (not my personal style - Willie Nelson for me), I have both seen and talked to the South Dakota LEO who stand right outside this place (GREAT JOB THEY DO TOO!!).. All its takes is a scream and they are there - the off duty LEO should have ran - screamed or shoved but NEVER - NEVER - NEVER carried a gun in a place like that,, much less discharge it!!!

'Puc

• 2 weeks later...
I'd love to get into the gun thingy.........but I won't.

However, I have it on pretty good authority that the plural of y'all.....is ALL Y'ALL.

Is this not correct?

:-)

y'all is already plural. We use ALL y'all when we is around folks what don't know how to speak English so good so they know we mean them too. :witch_brew:

Yo Brian you Dog... whatcha do stay for a little extry... C'mon Man when you got some time you gotta give us more than the Pig shoots Angel thing... I already heard all about that... And I hope you got pics..

Before anyone get's carried away with the shooting it seems these guys have a little history and know each other and it was more a Seattle thing than a Sturgis thing... They just happened to see each other at Sturgis.