IGNORED

If you are in the area...

jrcain32

Made a trip to "The Dragon" this past weekend and left there in awe. The dragon was "ok" but the surrounding roads were much better. We left at 7:00am for what should have been a 5-6 hour trip and 11 hours later we rolled into our motel parking lot. We did not want to go interstate so we traveled back roads through northeast Alabama and northern Georgia. I don't recall the road numbers but if you get a chance and are in no hurry get you a map and try to find Suches from Cartersville and travel through Wolf Pass over Blood Mountain ending up in Robbinsville, NC. You will travels roads the Dragon only dreams about. It is well worth the detour...

Once you get there the Dragon/Cherohala loop is a must but be sure to add the Hell Bender to your "things to do list".

I was down to the Dragon on 6/23/08 and I agree some of the roads around there were really neat. We spent 4 days in the area and never did the same road twice. I was looking thru the pix on line and saw 2 other Ventures there that day. Was either or both members?

Roy:photographing:

Guess you havent attended the VentureRider Tail of the Dragon, for the past 3 years we have ridden many of those rodes at this rally, they are great roads, along with a few other you didnt mention, for instance the Cherahola Skyway which begins between Robinsville and the Dragon.............The next Tail of the Dragon is scheduled for 2009, keep watching for the official announcement.

:smile5:

Guess you havent attended the VentureRider Tail of the Dragon, for the past 3 years we have ridden many of those rodes at this rally, they are great roads, along with a few other you didnt mention, for instance the Cherahola Skyway which begins between Robinsville and the Dragon.............The next Tail of the Dragon is scheduled for 2009, keep watching for the official announcement.

:smile5:

Actually it is between Tellico Plains, TN and US129 (Dragon Tail). I am fortunate enough to live close to it and enjoy the ride often. Ronnie