IGNORED

Round Two Is Over

FROG MAN

I been fighting Yellow Jackets. They have built in the wall beside the door way entrance to my camp. Determined not to let me in. Round one I hit them with some foaming spray the other night. I think they enjoyed it. Tonight I tried a different spray and was able to get about 1/2 a can up where I think the nest might be. Both nest I have found this year are above ground. The first one was in the hitch on my fifth wheel camper. So far the score is Yellow Jackets 1 and me nothing. I'll know more tomorrow evening. I might have to level that place a little sooner then expected. I could try the old fish on a string above a pan of dish water but I got a pesky raccoon that upsets all Mamamo's flower pots at night.I plan on camping Friday night got family reunion at the park beside the camp this weekend.

Hi Gerald,

I have had pretty good luck with WD-40 on yellow jackets earlier this year. If you get the big can and use the small red straw that comes with it you can stay back a few feet and move closer as they flee. Not only does it kill them on contact, (wicks up their bodies and smothers them) but it is absorbed by everything it touches and fumes off even after you stop spraying. As an added benifit, if you are lucky enough to hit the nest, it gets absorbed into the nest material, killing the eggs as well. I admit they are tough little buggers and I pretty much used the entire big can on the two nests I found. I got a deal at Home Depot, 2 big cans for $5.00. :080402gudl_prv:

Hope this helps,

Earl and Jean

Oh Dude I feel your pain!! I keep finding those nests everywhere. Im winning though, Under my chair on the deck, In the square uprights on my MC trailer, In my hose real, In my dumpster at my shop and the list goes on. Got stung once buy as I look everywhere before I go I have gotten lucky!!! Be safe and I hope you arent allergic!!!!

In the past I've found that the cheap sprays don't work worth a hoot. The secret is to find one that lists pyrethrins or alrethrins in the contents. Liquid is great for hitting them on the fly, but if you can get it in a powder form they'll track it back into the nest and wipe out the colony. I have used the spray on the 'comb' type nests under the eaves with good results. Around here the county will come out and treat the nest if it's in the ground, but anything else and you're on your own.....

• 4 weeks later...

Where can I get some in powder form. These nest are stubborn. We have another build almost in same location as the one last month. Plus this month it's time for one's to appear in the ground but those are easy to destroy. It's in the walls of the old house and floor seals I'm fighting now.

Think that may be the right way to spell it. Anyway, I have had those pesky ground dwelling yeller jackets and found that a good dose of that dust in and around the entry hole to their nest will do the trick. And the Berryman's carb cleaner works good too.... eliminated 2 nests of them today in my wife's green house. Good Luck !!

Rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol in a squirt bottle ! Like gas , it's not really the content , but the shock it does to them critters when it hits them . Instant cold sets shock into them , like a Smoothie does to your head on an extremely hot day , Brain Freeze !

BEER30

I found a bag of seven dust we had from earlier gardening years. It was still sealed unopened so I give it a try. It said highly toxic to bee's tomorrow we shall see what happens. I dusted the nest opening good tonight. If that don't work I'll give them a shot of Heinken!:Bunny2: