IGNORED

Southwest Moto Tires

Two Tone White

Guest cabinfever

What happened with your order?

I placed an order with them on July 16th and other than the order confirmation I have not received any additional information, such as a shipping confirmation. I'm starting to wonder what the status is. I guess I'll be calling soon.

I bought a pair of Michelin Commanders from them about a month ago. I ordered the tires on a Thursday and they were delivered the following Tuesday. My only complaint was that they provided no way to track the shipment.

What's the problem you're having?

IT's July!---=-maybe they have closed their ops. down fer VACATION???------NEVER had a prob. w/these people---ALLWAYS prompt service---:thumbsup2:-----if it's on a card----you will not lose $$$$$$$$$$$$-----:usa:---------carry-on:usa:

What happened with your order?

I placed an order with them on July 16th and other than the order confirmation I have not received any additional information, such as a shipping confirmation. I'm starting to wonder what the status is. I guess I'll be calling soon.

I ordered on the 15th. I sent an e-mail (they have no phone) this morning politely asking what the status might be so that I can plan around it. The reply was less than gracious, suggesting that I should not have bothered them with such an e-mail and directing me to read their home page for shipping details; noting that AZ to VA takes 8 days. I saw that figure nowhere on their site. They have no way to track the shipment either. I'll wait until they get here, no matter how long it takes. I can assure you, however, that I will not use their company again. My mistake. I have four bikes require a lot of $$ per year and I like to spend it at places I know and trust and who have decent customer service. If I have a bad experience, I move on.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with these folks, they're usually pretty good.

A couple of time ago when I ordered from them the tires actually came from Dennis Kirk since they didn't have them in stock at the time.

I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with them after getting treated that way.

Good Luck and I have the tires arrive soon,

Jerry

I bought a pair of Michelin Commanders from them about a month ago. I ordered the tires on a Thursday and they were delivered the following Tuesday. My only complaint was that they provided no way to track the shipment.

What's the problem you're having?

Maybe there is nothing wrong at all. The tires may just show up unannounced. However, from what I'm reading and from what I have seen their website is very pathetic and they offer no way for the customer to know if they are ever going to get the tires.

I program websites for a living. This is all I do. All users expect to know the full and complete status of their order from the moment they place their order to the moment the delivery truck pulls into their driveway. This is even more true for large dollar orders.

From what I have seen SW Moto need to learn something about the internet.

Thats unfortunate to hear, I have always got great service from themand propt shipping. This might need a bit of digging into, when I get home I'll PM you and get a bit of info. I can't hardly think that they would want negative feedback on a forum with 5000 members

:no-no-no:

always had a good experience too. Had a question, called them and got a very nice answer. Tires were delivered in the time frame promised. Only problem I had was that the FedEx driver was an idiot and too lazy to deliver them to my house. Wasn't SoWest's fault and the FedEx thing is no longer a problem.

I ordered on the 15th. I sent an e-mail (they have no phone) this morning politely asking what the status might be so that I can plan around it. The reply was less than gracious, suggesting that I should not have bothered them with such an e-mail and directing me to read their home page for shipping details; noting that AZ to VA takes 8 days. I saw that figure nowhere on their site. They have no way to track the shipment either. I'll wait until they get here, no matter how long it takes. I can assure you, however, that I will not use their company again. My mistake. I have four bikes require a lot of $$ per year and I like to spend it at places I know and trust and who have decent customer service. If I have a bad experience, I move on.

I am very sorry to hear of your problem - it certainly does not sound like them - I wonder if something has suddenly changed with the company? I have never had an order take more than three days to show up in Texas. My last order with them was at the end of June, and they delivered super quick, just like always. And all reports of their email responses in the past have been vary favorable. I even inquired once about a tire that was out of stock, and their response was immediate and very polite. I may have to be cautious of them for a while to see if there is a new trend happening that doesn't look good. Thanks for letting us know.

Goose

What Squidley said!

I have never had a problem with receiving my tires.

I order and they have delivered at a more then fair price.

Of course I never have had to try and get in touch with them aether.

There service has always been prompt and to my door in a timely

manor 3 to 7 days and for me thats pretty good it's mail order.

Freebird recently shipped me something and it took 13 days to

get to me. You talk about a slow boat.:rotf:...........Ron

:banana:............ I have purchased several sets of tires from this outlet and every purchase has been a most positive experience. A tracking number has always been issued and the delivery has been prompt. When I take delivery, the sidewall coding indicates that I am receiving very "fresh" rubber.

I have yet to find another outlet that beats their pricing on a pair of tires.

Their telephone number is (520) 628-2947.

ken.jo@shaw.ca

This is what my buddy here encountered when his Avon front tire started "cracking" on him.

This is his email to them:

Blaine,

The guys here in Brandon tell me their distributors will not give them credit for tires they haven’t purchased from them.

Nobody wants to warranty it for me.

I’d like to avoid the cost and wasted time making multiple trips to the border and have all the down time waiting for the new tire.

How about you bill me for a new one and just credit me when you get the defective one back? I’ll have it off ship it back to you when I pick up the new one.

I forgot to mention as well that I’m a Ventureriders.org member and got your contact info from the guys there.

They tell me I was supposed to let you know as members buy at a discounted price?

Too bad, so sad I guess, but I’d appreciate it if we could work something out on the return freight?

Let me know.

This is the reply:

sorry you have jerks for dealers. I treat everyone equally no matter what club you belong to or what political party or color your skin is, and everyone, even my dealers pay the same price as you. If you order a replacement from my store and email me at the same time, I will deduct the freight from the new tire. You must return the defective one to me whether you are in Canada or columbia, or el salvador, or across the street from me in Tucson. I wont walk across the street to get it. YOu must return it.

I will credit your card when I recieve the defective tire.

blaine

To me the tone of the email says something is not right...or am I reading more into this?

I recently ordered a set of tires and I checked SWM's price. Too high. I got a better deal Motorcycle Superstore. I have ordered from SWM in the past and gotten good service. But the fact that they dont want to be bothered by phone (or email for that matter as it sounds) says something is going wrong. Too bad, but there are so many internet choices now competition is stiff and money is tight!

The price was great. Can't complain about that for sure. The web site is not the best I've ever seen, that's for sure. The response your buddy received from Blaine was of similar tone to the one I received. Not sure if its his company or not, but I'm thinking that Mr. Blaine ought not be the one dealing with customers. Had the e-mail reply to me been responsible, I'd wait the 8 days suggested in his e-mail, or I would've paid extra to expedite the shipping. I sent a reply to him. I'll let you know the outcome and how long it takes to get my tires.

Thanks

This is what my buddy here encountered when his Avon front tire started "cracking" on him.

This is the reply:

sorry you have jerks for dealers. I treat everyone equally no matter what club you belong to or what political party or color your skin is, and everyone, even my dealers pay the same price as you. If you order a replacement from my store and email me at the same time, I will deduct the freight from the new tire. You must return the defective one to me whether you are in Canada or columbia, or el salvador, or across the street from me in Tucson. I wont walk across the street to get it. YOu must return it.

I will credit your card when I recieve the defective tire.

blaine

To me the tone of the email says something is not right...or am I reading more into this?

Heck, maybe my mind just works weird (yeah, it does, but never mind that), but I think that email is just fine. Customer got everything he asked for, and more. Not sure why he found the need to go a bit overboard on the bit about returning it from el salvadore, etc., but I don't hold that against him. He is clearly standing behind his product.

Goose

Thats unfortunate to hear, I have always got great service from themand propt shipping. This might need a bit of digging into, when I get home I'll PM you and get a bit of info. I can't hardly think that they would want negative feedback on a forum with 5000 members

:no-no-no:

I have always had good luck with the guys down there but I never had to contact them about anything either.

On another note I know you guys, even Don has done this before but if you have to threaten them with 5000 members to get them to do the right thing I don't want nothing to do with them even if their price is good.

Like Goose at the very least I would be very careful dealing with them.

Jerry

I've ordered tires a couple times and got great fast service. The last set was ordered on a Thursday and was setting on my door step by before noon on Monday...... Eight days isn't bad unless you are down from riding. I plan to order another set this fall......:2cents:

Greetings...

Deep breath!

It's summer - the busy season, and 3X more bikes on the road than last year.

He's probably swamped busy, having shipping problems, hot, irritated, 13 year old daughter just announced she's pregnant - too busy just answering Email and the coffee machine just broke...

Still, he too needs a deep breath before "shouting" at his customer like that...

I suggest you send him back another email - quoting his - with a lot of smilies - chuckles and sympathy - and complimenting him on his sense of humor ("I loved that line about El Salvador! Blaine! My buddies and I cracked up over that one!") , and a prayer to smooth his day to day stress -Turn his frustrations back on themselves.

- Just as a negotiation tactic. THEN see if he bends over backwards after YOU give him a chance to think twice.

If he doesn't - then he's being a jerk and won't last long in business anyway if he continues...

My impression from his e-mail response is of a no nonsense, lay it all out on the table, take it or leave it, my way or the highway attitude. That being said however, I have received prompt service from SW Moto and Blaine also knocked off 40.00 off the SSP project bikes tires too. And they were shipped promptly. Times are tight right now and maybe hes going through a rough time himself. Heck, million dollar companies are folding and large layoffs are a reality again. Lets see what unfolds here.

Wow this kinda sucks i just ordered 2 tires from them 2 weeks ago and they did me ok, i placed my order for 2 tires and some how they came the next day.I think that email he sent back was a bunch of BS. We all (5000 + ) need to send him a email reminding him he's not the only place that sells tires on the net. :Avatars_Gee_George:

You are right Goose, he did get his tire exchanged. He originally was hoping for Blaine to send him one without him having to buy it. We lose a little on exchange plus the drive down to the border to pick it up and taxes.

Blaine did send him a new tire as ordered and took off the delivery I believe but my bud had to send the old one back to them. Not a real issue....it worked out.

My bud was dissapointed with the tone of the email and frankly I was a little surprised as well. No, nothing bad was said.....but from what I understand, they have helped VR with a couple of bike fixes now and was surprised to hear that he didnt care what organization we belonged to.

Thats it. And I am most happy that most of the members are having great success with them.

Sorry to hear this,

So far I haven't used Southwest moto.

Always worked with American Motorcycle tire www.americanmototire.com have a better price for what I needed and always had my tires within 7days.

Like the old saying goes you can go out of your way and treat folks like Gold and they seem to forget it, but make one small boo-boo and they remember that for ever!!!!!!!

Hope things turn out for the better. Keep us up to date on how this turns out......

Buddy

I've now traded a few e-mails with Blaine. I've re-read them several times and here's my assessment: First, he doesn't know how to collect his thoughts and put them to paper but when he does, he interjects his opinion instead of just stating fact. In his last e-mail to me, he suggested that when people order in December it relieves him of much stress and letter-writing. I didn't need tires then and couldn't anticipate when I would. Second, he isn't running his business at its maximum potential; the web site is demonstrative of that. A better run business and a better managed web site would reduce his stress. People like me wouldn't have to pester him if we had the information we needed. That said, I don't think you should abandon using this company based upon my experience unless you choose to for your own reasons. Just manage your expectations. Expect at least 8 days for shipping, don't anticipate any communication or information (place the order on blind faith) and you will have no amount of frustration at all.