IGNORED

Adjuster to give me value

davepa

The adjuster is to call today with a value on my 87' venture royale that was hit.

It looks as if he is calling it the XVZ13DT model.

What difference is there in the XVZ13DTC model. Just in case he is using the wrong research program.

Thanks Dave

The 'C' Model stands for California Model. Other than Emission Control Devices, there nothing different to a non-'C'-Model.

I am the kind of guy who is...what should I say... difficult??? I question a lot of things and don't always accept "simple" answers, especially when there's still a question in my mind, not completely answered. That being said, why then would there be a DT and a T ... there HAS to be some reason....

I am the kind of guy who is...what should I say... difficult??? I question a lot of things and don't always accept "simple" answers, especially when there's still a question in my mind, not completely answered. That being said, why then would there be a DT and a T ... there HAS to be some reason....

Rick, i'm sorry, i can only answer what i know, primary Question was the Difference between DT and DTC ... which i answered to my Knowledge.

You brought up these different Model Codes, which i don't know how to answer. I agree, there should be a Difference. May be the CB ??

Rick, i'm sorry, i can only answer what i know, primary Question was the Difference between DT and DTC ... which i answered to my Knowledge.

You brought up these different Model Codes, which i don't know how to answer. I agree, there should be a Difference. May be the CB ??

Hey... no problemo my friend... I wasn't raggin on ya! Frankly tho,,, I'm surprised you don't have an answer....you're a walking technical library if I ever saw one

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Hey... no problemo my friend... I wasn't raggin on ya! Frankly tho,,, I'm surprised you don't have an answer....you're a walking technical library if I ever saw one

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Well, i've to admit, the Venture's are not my primary Interest, so i did not research any Aspect of the Ventures. But i'm sure, if i keep on reading here and research the Questions which arise in my Head due to Questions asked by fellow Members :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:, i'll do better over the Years. :lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb:

But even then, i won't claim anything in the Line of a 'walking Library'. There are a Lot other Guys out here and there, which would cover my Knowledge with only 10 Percent of theirs.

Didn't intend to start a battle between anyone...just trying to have the adjuster treat me fairly. He is wanting me to accept $2000 for the 87'.

I replied, that will not repair the bike and also not enough to replace the bike. He seems to feel Ebay prices are not a good comparision for market value.

What would an 87' be worth 79000 miles, no broken plastic, all electrical working correctly, new Dunlops, new brake pads, rebuilt calipers, like new upholstry, two tone brown. No leaks...no smoke..etc.

This is all pre-crash information and I didn't wreck the bike it was hit by another person.

Didn't intend to start a battle between anyone

heck...we battle all the time :witch_brew:

He seems to feel Ebay prices are not a good comparision for market value.

If many of them are being sold thru eBay, then THAT is the MARKET I would think??

Any adjuster worth his/her paycheque will most certainly low-ball any write-offs .... I wouldn't trust them...don't take their first offer.

just mho (aka 2 cents)

Dave, tell them you want the bike replaced with a bike that is in the same condition yours was in before crash. He is definetly lowballing you, I just sold my 87 for around $3300.00 and I think I could have easily gotten more. I went thru the same thing with my 85 suzuki, a lady ran into me and wrecked it big time, book value was 1700 thats what they offered, I told them I wanted it replaced and if they could do it for 1700 great. 3 months later I got a check for 4200 which more than covered the cost to repair it. Good Luck Craig

heck...we battle all the time :witch_brew:

If many of them are being sold thru eBay, then THAT is the MARKET I would think??

Any adjuster worth his/her paycheque will most certainly low-ball any write-offs .... I wouldn't trust them...don't take their first offer.

just mho (aka 2 cents)

This is his third offer...I guess the riding season will be over before this is settled.

I even asked for a rental bike untill we came to some agreement....was told no one has ever asked for one before.

I intended to go to some of the local bike weeks/rallies again this summer and wasn't planning to show up in a Jeep station wagon. I told him I had already missed the Skid In, Thunder in the Valley, Gettysburg, etc.

Tried to make hime realize the VR was not for sale, but was taken from me !

This is his third offer...I guess the riding season will be over before this is settled.

Had we been talking CDN prices, he is about 4 thousand too low........ 2 thousand will get you a fixer upper (almost basket case)..........

I even asked for a rental bike untill we came to some agreement....was told no one has ever asked for one before.

I intended to go to some of the local bike weeks/rallies again this summer and wasn't planning to show up in a Jeep station wagon. I told him I had already missed the Skid In, Thunder in the Valley, Gettysburg, etc.

Tried to make hime realize the VR was not for sale, but was taken from me !

He sees, you want to get this resolved quickly, to salvage some of the riding season and he is using it against you. With patience I bet you can due alot better, isnt your neck and back starting to bother you:whistling: Too bad you dont have a Lawyer friend who could write them a letter for you. Good Luck. Craig

He sees, you want to get this resolved quickly, to salvage some of the riding season and he is using it against you. With patience I bet you can due alot better, isnt your neck and back starting to bother you:whistling: Too bad you dont have a Lawyer friend who could write them a letter for you. Good Luck. Craig

I couldn't agree more with Craig, he's playing you and hoping that you will cave. I'm the kind of guy that would call him out on that. It was mentioned that he finds you a bike of equal value in the same condition. Stand your ground, as hard as that is, and dont accept any deal on medical. Were finding problems with my wife after out crash 7 months later....good luck with it Bud

:happy34:

Guest Brad25ca

Adjusters work for the insurance company, and of course they don't want to pay full value. Stand firm. But knowing people who are adjusters, they have the discretion to pay a reasonable amount. Keep compiling evedince of market value through online sites, local papers & ads. He may say that eBay isn't a reflection of true market value, but he can't argue with local ads & postings.

I got a call from State Farm on my truck/knock over settlement and they said after doing a review, they determined my 83 was worth about $3,500. I will post more tomorrow on my settlement.

RandyA

Well I declined the offer again today...discussed the amount of fuel being wasted driving my Cherokee Sport to work, 90 mile round trip, was told to pick up 08' Dodge Caliber rental car. Should save some fuel costs untill we can agree on a $ amount, replacement, or repair of the damage. Found an HD dealer in Pennsylvania that rents bikes for $150 per day..adjuster found the Dodge to be a much cheaper choice for him.

Explained that I had searched on WWW.cycletrader.com and

www.walnecks.com to arrive at a fair market/replacement value. Since he didn't find Ebay to be a good market choice.

Again.....I wait !

Edited by davepa

The adjuster is to call today with a value on my 87' venture royale that was hit.

It looks as if he is calling it the XVZ13DT model.

What difference is there in the XVZ13DTC model. Just in case he is using the wrong research program.

Thanks Dave

XVZ13DTC is the California version with extra polution control system on carb bank.

Didn't intend to start a battle between anyone...just trying to have the adjuster treat me fairly. He is wanting me to accept $2000 for the 87'.

I replied, that will not repair the bike and also not enough to replace the bike. He seems to feel Ebay prices are not a good comparision for market value.

What would an 87' be worth 79000 miles, no broken plastic, all electrical working correctly, new Dunlops, new brake pads, rebuilt calipers, like new upholstry, two tone brown. No leaks...no smoke..etc.

This is all pre-crash information and I didn't wreck the bike it was hit by another person.

The last time my 87 was totalled a drunk knocked it over while it was parked. His insurance paid me $3,500 after I refused thier first offer of $1,500 and then provided them with seven examples of sold comparable bikes off e-bay. They paid me off and let me keep the bike. I put My time, labor and $25.00 WORTH OF MATERIALS fixing broken plastic parts AND $37.00 worth of ebay parts..............................And rode off to the bank:7_6_3[1]:

After my wreck, I had to get a lawyer involved- the insurance company was known to be a hard case, and the adjuster working my claim was also known for his aggressive tactics. They did not try to settle quickly, but chose to wait and see if I'd get nervous and offer to settle for a low value. I ended up accepting a settlement about 7 months after the accident, and got the check (the part my lawyer didn't keep) two months later.

I used the local papers to put a value on my '84. I showed them that the replacement cost would be about $3500 based on sellers' listing prices, and they went with that.

Of course, the bulk of the claim was in the personal injury portion- medical costs, pain & suffering, etc.

If they want to be tough, let them know you have an appointment with a neurologist to check out a pain in your neck that showed up after the accident... then get an appointment. Coincidentally, almost 4 years after the accident, I have a pain in my neck...