IGNORED

Bummer

BradT

Well Pegscraper and his wife Lorie stopped by this morning, and they were off about 9:30, with Steve, Irene and the bike. I believe they were going straight to Bummers place.

I am sure it is going to be a long ride, but they will all feel much better once they are home.

Take care Steve.

Brad and Rhonda

We made it! Thank you all so very much.

Bob and Ruth (the MarinerFans) brought us from Lynn and Lori's (the pegscrapers).

I can't thank you guys enough. Before I try, I have to lay down a while. (Doing ok, considering.)

Edited by Bummer

We rolled in to our place in Hoagland about 7:30 PM. We didn't run them quite all the way home. We had arranged with Mariner Fan to meet us at our house where they picked them up and Bob rode the bike to their house, another couple hours away. I had been on the bike since this morning and was ready to get off. I rode the most miles, but Bob and Ruth went a lot farther out of their way than we did. We hardly went out of our way at all. Our car was going that exact route anyway.

We had virtually no trouble at the border, which was amazing considering that I'm on a bike that doesn't belong to me and Lori is driving a car with two people in it whom we had not met before this morning. So if we didn't know these people, just how did we know he had been in the hospital and needed help getting home and we just happened to be in the same place? We could have spent the rest of the day there if they had decided they wanted to ask a bunch of questions. I went through first, and Lori thought sure that they in the car would get pulled over. But we were sent on our way.

Best of all, I got a real nice test ride on a Venture, a black cherry one no less, the best color. I'm not used to having cruise control and a radio. The weather was made to order, couldn't have been better. It was a fine trip.

Rest up Bummer, and get yourself better.

Glad everyone made it home. Thanks to Pegscraper (boy, I bet that was rough having to ride a 2nd gen all day!) and Mariner Fan for making sure our Indiana boy got home safe.

We'll see everyone on the 26th. Bummer, hope you get better soon.

Peg, hope you can make it down, too.

Dan

Glad everyone made it home. Thanks to Pegscraper (boy, I bet that was rough having to ride a 2nd gen all day!) and Mariner Fan for making sure our Indiana boy got home safe.

We'll see everyone on the 26th. Bummer, hope you get better soon.

Peg, hope you can make it down, too.

Dan

Dan, sorry I missed your call. My phone was in the car with Ruth and the Bummers. She said she heard it ring but figured it was one of my friends wanting to yack so she didn't answer it. :D

One of the nice things about getting to ride someone else's bike is you can compare it with yours. Steve's motor runs much smoother than mine. Now I know I probably need to have my carb's sinc'd.

Oh yea, I really liked his Barons Tach. as well. Another item on the list! ;)

Rest up Steve. Glad to help you get home. :)

Y'all want to know what the only DRAG (cheap pun here) of the trip was? Before we left I checked his floorboards, not one single scrape on them. Well I can't be the first one to touch down someone else's bike. I had to make sure to keep the boards off the ground. Oh well, 99% of the trip was interstate anyway, where there's not really any opportunity for that.

Rest up Steve. You deserve it.

Now this is a great story, and I'm glad to be a part of this family.

My sentiments exactly Carl.

It’s a wonderful feeling to be able to help when there is a genuine need, especially when things work out for the better. This is another fine example of the GREAT members on this site.

My compliments to you all, you’ve made us all proud! :happy34:

Dan, sorry I missed your call. My phone was in the car with Ruth and the Bummers. She said she heard it ring but figured it was one of my friends wanting to yack so she didn't answer it. :D

No problem, just wanted you to know I was available in case you needed help.

pegscraper--Y'all want to know what the only DRAG (cheap pun here) of the trip was? Before we left I checked his floorboards, not one single scrape on them. Well I can't be the first one to touch down someone else's bike. I had to make sure to keep the boards off the ground. Oh well, 99% of the trip was interstate anyway, where there's not really any opportunity for that.

Sorry you couldn't keep up your namesake, Lynn. But you know, the proper thinking on this should have been----"RENTAL!", and treated it appropriately. In Steves drug induced stupor, he would have thought that HE did it!!!!!!

Dan

One of the nice things about getting to ride someone else's bike is you can compare it with yours. Steve's motor runs much smoother than mine. Now I know I probably need to have my carb's sinc'd.

Oh yea, I really liked his Barons Tach. as well. Another item on the list! ;)

Rest up Steve. Glad to help you get home. :)

I agree this was the second 2nd gen I rode and I really liked the tack, as well. Mine is a lot harder to turn that is for sure. When entering a corner his bike seemed to want to make the turn and fall right into the corner, mine seems to have to push it into the corner (I am talking slow speeds only.)

Pegscraper actually did lift the floor board looking for scrapes. Pegscraper I guess you could not get enough speed on the round-about should have been able to scrap on those dam things. :stirthepot: Maybe it was because the first couple of miles you were just getting used to it, or the lead was going too slow. :rotf:

Brad

Yes, I was being nice on someone else's bike. (Did you notice the guy who butted out in right front me on one of those round-a-bouts?) My bike, on the other hand, has scrape marks on the kickstand. One day I'm going to touch down the passenger floorboards. :hurts:

Bob and I were talking about the unstable feeling in the front end of his bike. We both noticed it. The thing got shaky and wobbly on me many times on the highway, and I didn't even have to lift one hand up for it to happen. And if I did, it was almost guaranteed. We both mentioned it to Steve, and he said he would get the bearings adjusted - when he gets to riding again. Bob wondered if it might have been tire air pressure. I never thought to check that. I should have. Low tire pressure wouldn't have helped anything. Your bike turning stiffer most likely means that it's much more stable on the road. I have mine tightened up pretty good too.

I've got six weeks. I can pretty well guarantee by the time I'm on the road again the headset will be gone through again and readjusted a good deal stiffer. I'm also going to be trying to figure out why it sits lower than everyone elses' with the links.

Thanks for the heads ups, and all the help, guys.

Steve,

I'm glad that the two of you made it home safe, without any problems! This group of people are a very special breed, for sure! Now get some rest and take care of yourself! And just think.....You may have converted one over to the "dark Side" :stirthepot::rotf::whistling:

Thanks for the concern Lonna, things went great and I'm getting better every day. We hope you're doing better too.

I'm just proud to be part of the family.

I've got six weeks. I can pretty well guarantee by the time I'm on the road again the headset will be gone through again and readjusted a good deal stiffer. I'm also going to be trying to figure out why it sits lower than everyone elses' with the links.

Thanks for the heads ups, and all the help, guys.

I don't know why some Ventures sit lower or higher than others. I sat on Stratcat's bike and it felt lower than mine. We have the exact same bikes and same year. :think:

I don't know why some Ventures sit lower or higher than others. I sat on Stratcat's bike and it felt lower than mine. We have the exact same bikes and same year. :think:
I did notice that the front end was lower too. It wasn't just the rear. This has lead me to wonder about tires. Could the Avons' cross section yield that much lower a total tire height?

I did notice that the front end was lower too. It wasn't just the rear. This has lead me to wonder about tires. Could the Avons' cross section yield that much lower a total tire height?

I do not think so as Chaos had the links and avons and his was as high as mine, actually a little taller.

Brad

Yes, I was being nice on someone else's bike. (Did you notice the guy who butted out in right front me on one of those round-a-bouts?) My bike, on the other hand, has scrape marks on the kickstand. One day I'm going to touch down the passenger floorboards. :hurts:

Bob and I were talking about the unstable feeling in the front end of his bike. We both noticed it. The thing got shaky and wobbly on me many times on the highway, and I didn't even have to lift one hand up for it to happen. And if I did, it was almost guaranteed. We both mentioned it to Steve, and he said he would get the bearings adjusted - when he gets to riding again. Bob wondered if it might have been tire air pressure. I never thought to check that. I should have. Low tire pressure wouldn't have helped anything. Your bike turning stiffer most likely means that it's much more stable on the road. I have mine tightened up pretty good too.

Lynn, how did the Brakes compared to those on your Bike ?