IGNORED

Edsets Rock!

Billet

Thanks to Edsets and Don for getting us a great deal. When we got the 04 earlier this year it came with two Tour Com helmets with J&M's installed. We tried them, Wrong size, not impressed with helmet, not impressed with sound quality.

Installed the new Edsets in our Shoei RJ helmets last week, (the install was easy and looks great) and tried them out yesterday, awesome!

One quirk that our 2nd gen audio systems seem to have is the open intercom. I had always assumed that the front and rear talk button was for the intercom and the CB. I guess it's only for the CB. The Edsets sounded great until we started to ride. then they got noisy and really crappy sounding. Figured out real quick that you need to turn the IC volume down to "0" to enjoy the music. Am I missing something here or does the Wife need to thump me on the head to signal me to turn the IC volume up so she can tell me to slow down:confused24:

Have you tried just turning them down a bit but not to "0"? The mic on the Edset's are much more sensitive than on other's that I've used. I've found that keeping it on about 13 works well for us. We can still talk to each other but not a lot of wind noise.

Another option is the Mic-Mutes. I have it on my bike and it is really nice. You just quickly toggle the press to talk button for the CB to toggle the intercom on or off. From or rear button will toggle it on or off.

13 is about where I had it set. Maybe I need to add the 2" I cut off the windshield back on. Mic-Mutes look interesting but they are kind of pricey. Guess I was hoping for a feature on the audio control that I haven't found yet:think: