IGNORED

Why Sell?

star4772

i loved my venturized rstd. but just could'nt handle it at low speeds anymore. i got a v-star 1300 and love it. easy to ride and excellent handling, just not enough luxury for the long haul. got the goldwing bug, and bought one. at first i thought i made a big mistake due to the lack of leg room. me and the wing had a little talk on a 300 mile solo run one morning and kind of came to an agreement. got to say the wing is the ultimate riding machine. my wife says it also. don't think there is a bike out there that comes close. not knocking ventures cuz i am a true blue yammer man.i still have two, but the wing sets the standard for touring bikes. not trying to stir the pot just giving my honest opinion. before you jump in the middle of my stuff, i will always be a venture rider member and have even put a venturerider.org decal on my wing windshield, had it made special. so don't give ole snarley bill no crap. since there are so many wing riders on this site maybe we could get a listing in the forums for wingriders. what do you think, don? bill :clap2::clap2::2133:

...... since there are so many wing riders on this site maybe we could get a listing in the forums for wingriders. what do you think, don? bill :clap2::clap2::2133:

hey, snarly, I have been thinking about suggesting this too. Guess I was too chicken, thought I might get tarred and feathered for suggesting it. Now I guess you can take the heat instead of me :Im not listening to

How about it Don??

Joe

16,ooo miles, lotsa chrome and add ons. Great bike , not ridden too hard...........its a bargain price too....

only 22,000

any takers???

I thought you changed your mind? Ill send them your way after mine is sold. LOL Still want that Firefighter edition Ultra!

Yea, why sell. I'll keep mine as long as it will keep me.

Hey Giga the only reason they're buying wings is because they don't make a bike like the 1st gen that was a direct competiton to the wing and not a Harley.:innocent:

I don't want you folks to think that I am ignoring this thread so decided I had better at least let you know that I HAVE seen it. :)

As for creating a forum for our Wing riders. Man...that is a tough one that I will have to give some thought to. I have no problems personally doing it but I'm not 100% sure that it's the best thing for the club. On the other hand, I don't want anybody to feel that we don't support them and share in their joy of riding whatever they choose to ride.

I will try to briefly share my thoughts but I don't know if it will make any sense.

The Motorcycle Touring Association was was known as the Venture Touring Society. They were established in 1983 and are still going today. I was once on the BOD there and am still a member. They are a fantastic group of folks and one of the few clubs that I know of that share a close family atmosphere as we do here.

After Yamaha stopped making the Venture in 1993, they continued on as the VTS for a few years but then some of their members started trading bikes and with no Venture on the market, many went with Goldwings, Voyagers, BMWs, etc. At some point the decision was made to change the name to the Motorcycle Touring Association as to not discriminate against a member due to the bike they chose to ride. I'll be honest, at the time, I thought it was a great idea.

Fast forward a few years and now I'm really on the fence as to whether it was a good idea or not. The old VTS now MTA sort of lost their identity during all the changes. The idea should have worked but I think that many of those riders whom they thought would embrace the change, didn't support them as we all thought they would. The fact is, many found better support and etc. from other brand specific clubs and slowly seemed to drop out. I stopped by their recent rally and saw that there were still more Ventures there than any other make but not enough to sustain it as just a Venture club. The are going to stick with the all brands format and continue to try and grow the club to what it once was. I support them 100% in that direction and will continue to work with them in hopes of getting the membership back up again. They are truly a fine group of folks.

So, what does all that have to do with us? A couple of things.

1. This group has become the largest Venture and Royal Star site on the Internet due to the fact that you are great folks, the site is extremely active with questions answered quickly and a lot of very knowledgeable folks here that can answer most any question about the Yamaha V4. Not to mention that it is all FREE unless a member chooses to donate. Due to other very active brand specific clubs dedicated to the Goldwing, BMW, etc., I just don't know that we can compete for those riders and am not sure that losing our "identity" trying to is a good idea.

2. As I said, I am still very close to many of the MTA members and feel that I will be hurting THEM if I try to turn this into an all brands organization. Many, actually most, of their Venture riders are members here also but have also stayed loyal to the MTA. I hope that continues but I'm not sure that I feel good about creating a competition to an "all bikes" club against them either. That's just a personal thing with me though.

So, as always, your comments and input is welcome. I said when I started this club 4 years ago that it is "our club, not MY club". Your thoughts and opinions are more important than mine because without you, there would be no VentureRiders.

I don't want a single member leaving due to the fact that they have moved to a different brand bike though. This may be the most difficult issue that has come up since the beginning of VentureRider.org

Guest kozman01

I actually traded my 07 in yesterday for my 08 Wing. Trust me guys, I tried to love the Venture like I should, but I just couldn't. Like I had mentioned in an earlier post, you take to some bikes and not others. The Venture has so much going for it and that's why I bought it. And to be completely honest, that damn chirp irritated the living you know what out of me and the final nail in the coffin was having my engine removed from my bike at only 2000 miles to have those head bolt gaskets replaced and re-torqued. It was always in the back of my mind that this bike wasn't going to be the same after that. The Wing is not perfect, that's for sure, no bike is, but at least I can hear myself think while riding. We're not completely Yamahaless, my wife just picked up the little Yamaha 250 to learn on. So that's where I'm at and if your looking for a perfectly maintained 07 Venture, give Ohio Motorcycle a call.

By the way, I have a virtually new set of Beer30's supreme quality upper and lower bra covers. The famous "scooter hooters" for sale. I haven't seen a Venture with a set and everyone comments how those "hooters" make the bike stand out from everyone elses. These are some HIGH quality constructed items, just ask Beer30 himself:)

As long as I'm welcome, I'm not leaving. I've met a couple people here and they've been great! In fact, I've sold alot of my Venture leftover items to people here. This has been the best MC board I've ever belonged to.

Edited by kozman01

Don I believe your right on in keeping the club 'Venture' oriented. We can't be all things to all people. If we do change it will eventually dilute the common interest that draws and binds members in the first place. They come for help and stay for friendships. Folks will come and go as their rides and interests change, but many will stay because of the camaraderie that has been developed, and that's what it's all about anyway. My 2¢

I honestly keeping the Club Venture oriented is the best thing. In no way have we ever discriminated against other brands and never will. Those who have left after switching brands do under their own doing and not because they were booted or anything. Keep it pure.

here's how i look at it. i am very proud to be a member of venture riders.org. i love the people, the way the site is set up. the great meets, the commeraderie,etc. thats why i had the decal made for my wing windshield and i'm proud to have it on there. how many have them on there ventures? joined a wing site just for the tech info. in fact thats the only threads i read over there. just don't have the same kind of closeness of members and alot of animosity,and arguing. not trying to drag people away from their ventures but would like to at least see a tech column for wings. may work may not.i still have two yamahas and plan on having them for a long time. when they come out with the new vmax powered ventures i may be interested in one. i doubt it cus i'm beginning to realize i'm not a kid anymore and the big bikes are starting to feel alot heavier than they once did. this wing will probably be my last big bike. would 'nt ever think about suggesting changing the name of the site to cover all brands. venturerider.org has a special ring to it and has a special meaning to me. don't think there is a web site out there that comes close. just my 2 cents. bill :)

one thing i forgot to say is , i did'nt get rid of my rstd cuz i did'nt like it. it had it's faults but so do all bikes. when it went down the street a feeling of dread came over me for a minute cuz it was gone for good. i still miss it. just had to let it go before i dumped it. could'nt handle it at low speeds anymore. no fault of the bike. the wing sits a little lower and gives me a few more years of riding a big bike. will never own a trike, just not my bag. wanted people to understand, i still think the venture is one of the nicest looking and best bikes on the road. bill :2133:

Well we have a Sale section for other bikes and we even have a Darkside. Why not a tech section for other bikes. There is no reason why we cant discuss other bikes but the common bond is we all had or have Ventures. No secret I am looking and very close to ordering a 2009 HD Ultra Firefighter Edition. I have no plans of leaving and also have joined Touring Hogs as well. Not much action over there but I get questions answered. I have no intention of not coming by here all the time. Just like on my Chevy Avalanche site. There its called a Fan Club and even those who may have sold thier trucks to downsize they are sitll members and even the founder drives something else now. We discuss other vehicles too and has a section for it.