I am installing a CB on my scoot and need a wiring diagram of what wire is what on the CB unit ('86 and up) as well as the PTT/Channel switch assembly. I do not have the wiring assembly that goes with the CB installation so I need a schematic so I can hardwire the system. I know of at least one other member that may need the same information. Help!!!

Doh!!! Stupid me! Just download the Mark II service manual, dummy! Just may find enough info in there to make it work. Now all I have to wait for is my splitter and hunk of coax...

Scott, don't forget the gizmo I need for the trrailer lights.

Mel, good to hear from you again! How's things been?

Doing fine here. Got the bike back together, the mud flap installed (thanks again for that) and now it's time to try to mess up the wiring by installing some driving lights.

I just checked the service manual, and the CB diagram there isn't quite as clear as the one in the owner's manual. Let me know if you want it.

Mel

Bob:

Carl and I installed a CB in Blondie over the winter. It was fairly easy. Mother sent me the wireing diagram (Thanks Mother) and all went without a hitch. The hardest part was getting the radio to fit in the plastic. We moved the CLASS up and put the radio where the CLASS is now. I got a PTT button (2 of them) from Wingstuff for the rear of a 1500 and they are waterproof as well as easy to install. Let me know if you want a hand.

Did you get the wires for the headsets and the one that goes across from the CB to the radio?

Wayne

Hi Wayne! Did a mod to the coolant tank by moving it as far forward as it would go by remounting the bracket. That gave just, and I do mean just enough room for the CB to slide in where the '84 CB controller panel goes. Had to do some trimming to the top panel and the center panel. I had a broken top panel from Mlother from the '86 up that I cut and modified the CB mount bracket and molded it onto my removable top upper panel. I just ordered the splitter and coax but still have to get the din cable for the CB to audio amp box. I have the yama PTT/Channel switch for me but no PTT for Becky yet. Just have to hard wire it in. Sure would be nice to have a connector for the CB in case it has to come out.

Maybe I should rename this thread "Anybody Got A Wiring Harness For A '86 Up CB?"

Mel, if you want to email those PDF's it's bongobobny@yahoo.com

Thanks, Mel, and Ben, you both sent me the same stuff, and that pretty much solves what I need to know. Now if I could just find the wiring harness I need...

if your looking for the oem harness i believe I saw one at zedenos in kitchener when i was scrounging for my bike parts when i next go there ill look into it further for u if u like. I will probably be in there again some time this week