IGNORED

Tool Kit?

Hi y'all!

Newbie here again and I've got yet another stoopid question. Where's the stinkin' tool kit supposed to be hidden on my '84 Venture Royale? I suspect it's supposed to be in the bottom of one of the saddlebags and the safety chain in the other. I have nothing in either bag and trying to find out where it's supposed to be in the owner's manual is proving to be a fruitless search.

Now the next part of this stoopid question is, if in fact my original tool kit is missing (I bought the bike used), was it ever really worth having in the first place? The bikes of my youth were always equiped with tool kits that contained things that resembled tools and could sometimes be used as such if the user was frustrated enough. My thinking is to make a new tool fit containing a universal screwdriver and a small pair of vise grips.

If you haven't found it you don't have it, further than that, as Squeeze said.

And oh,,,most of us sleep at night so if you post at midnight it might be sunup before we get to read about your problems, unless someone is up for some reason, then we always check the site.:think:

His original post was clocked at 9:51 AM. I was off and on most of the day yesterday, but didn't see the original... Anyway, even tho- the OEM kit is nice to have I find myself going to the metric tool box when working on the scoot. Squeeze listed all the tools you'd need plus your personals, like needle nose etc. I'd suggest building your own. The only pieces I find really helpfull out of the OEM are the spark plug tube, and the large flat 15mm fitting that fits over the end. As far as wear the kit is stowed?? Who knows?? But if it isn't in the truck or one of the saddle bags you don't own one.....

Thanks guys. I was getting a bit flustered, I've been digging all around the bike and hadn't found it yet. I'll go ahead and get a tool kit assembled and will throw in a small roll of "The Handyman's Secret Weapon" for good measure.

(Handyman's Secret Weapon = Duct Tape)

Thanks guys. I was getting a bit flustered, I've been digging all around the bike and hadn't found it yet. I'll go ahead and get a tool kit assembled and will throw in a small roll of "The Handyman's Secret Weapon" for good measure.

(Handyman's Secret Weapon = Duct Tape)

Duct tape is good..... I use military 100mph tape. Great stuff...

Duct tape is good..... I use military 100mph tape. Great stuff...

Many years of riding dirt bikes at the Canadian River north of here have taught me that if it cain't be fixed with bailin' wire, duct tape, vise grips and a screw driver, it's time to load up the bikes and go home.

I believe the 1st gen bike tool kit was factory placed in the right saddle bag, toward the front, secured with that strap...

The tool quality on mine were rather simple and cheap but WOULD suffice on a roadside, but it's much better to replace with a small (and specific) assortment of better quality. The bags came in a soft cover and the "DeLux" leather kit... which just bought you nice pockets for item with a zipper closure. I always try and replace often touched screws with allen bolts... makes it easier and no stripped heads on the roadside.

http://onestopoutlet.net/pictures/83royale45.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/83-93-Yamaha-Venture-Royale-XVZ1200-1300-Tool-Kit-Bag_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35589QQihZ007QQitemZ170234768882QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

my 86 was missing everything. I bought the owners manual and some other stuff on e-bay. Wanted a stock took kit and tried and tried, but it seemed one guy was buying all of them, and the last 3 I saw went to the same guy and he paid 120+ for them! I thought that was WAY too much. The one listed here, went for I think near $60, that was a bargain, but it was missing a couple of sockets I think, and was pretty grungy, you could tell he had buffed the tools to get rust off them.

I bought a tool kit from a guy with a newer Venture (harley style) and added some other things, plus my own bigger modified adjustable wrench. Have a small air pump (12V) from Wally world, and a tire plug kit and some other stuff.

my 86 was missing everything. I bought the owners manual and some other stuff on e-bay. Wanted a stock took kit and tried and tried, but it seemed one guy was buying all of them, and the last 3 I saw went to the same guy and he paid 120+ for them! .

There's a guy in Finland... 'hellslaus'.... who's buying everything NOS chrome, no matter how much he has to pay for it. But.... it might be worth what he paid for it... in 40 or 50 years... :)

Greetings...

Yeah - they certainly aren't cheap - unless you can find a blind pawn shop owner, that has one sitting behind a stack of rifles, from a hocked bike he sold 15 years ago for spare parts and had removed the kit to tighten up a light fixture, then forgot about it, and has been moving it around the store to get it out of the way, and is willing to let you get it out of his way permanently for ONLY $20...

My left Saddle bag IS my tool kit.