ti-lou

I would like to install riser extensions (1.5 inches) on my RSV Midnight 2007. I found a pair at Baron Custom Accessories part # BA-7430-00. Before buying them, I would like to be sure it's perfect fit without problems. The lenght of the cables, clearance with the ignition chrome ring when the steering is turned full left or right ...

Please answer me and let me know the best risers I have to install without problem and modification.

Thank's

Ti-Lou

Mont-Laurier, Québec, Canada

Ti-lo

May I suggest you page down to the bottom of this page and read the many posts about handle bar risers to ensure you know and understand all the possible effects )if any) that they will have on your bike.

You would not have known about the posts at the bottom of this page prior to your post, for they were not there.....:whistling:

Ti-Lou

The risers will work fine. You will have to go under the faring to loosen some of the cables. But other than that no modifications. I would suggest that you put something on your tank so there are no accidents. I actually strung a length of rope from the garage opener to hold the handle bar up while I did my thing.

Everette

One additional thing I found helpful when installing the Baron's risers was to loosen up the bolts holding the clutch lever and front brake lever. This allowed me to slide the controls down the handle bar, toward the center. This game me a good deal more room to insert the Baron's risers between the stock risers and the handlebar.

Pad and protect that tank!!

Just purchased a Star Bar through Barons. It requires the Barons riseer extensions as well. At the same time, the site declares no need to change the cables or lines. Has anyone done this. What has been the result. Thanks for the time.

Ricardo.

I just installed a set of Baron 1 1/2" risers on my '07 RSV Midnight and didn't have to take anything loose to do the install (other than taking the bolts and caps off. There is plenty of room to slip the risers behind the handle bar without lengthening the cables/hoses and didn't have to take the faring apart. The position of the grips is more comfortable than without them. I have noticed a little different handling since the install which might warrant lowering the front end a bit. If you have the chrome ignition switch cover on your RSV the risers will not work, since the handle bar caps will make contact with the cover on hard right or left turns. Bottom line is I like the risers!!

:Cool_cool36:

I just installed a set of Baron 1 1/2" risers on my '07 RSV Midnight and didn't have to take anything loose to do the install (other than taking the bolts and caps off. There is plenty of room to slip the risers behind the handle bar without lengthening the cables/hoses and didn't have to take the faring apart.

I also have the Baron 1 1/2" risers on my '06 midnight. Easy install however, I did have to re-route the cables. In a hard right turn, the cables were just too tight and pulling. It only took a few minutes to re-route them. All is now well.

The position of the grips is more comfortable than without them. I have noticed a little different handling since the install which might warrant lowering the front end a bit.

I also lowered the front end but not because of the risers. Only because I am a bit vertically challenged and couldn't/wouldn't use the leveling kit which raise the rear of the bike. I prefered lowering the front end instead.

If you have the chrome ignition switch cover on your RSV the risers will not work, since the handle bar caps will make contact with the cover on hard right or left turns.

I have the shrome ignition switch cover on my RSV and it touches and slightly marred it but it is no worse then the stock one I had before. It touches about the same and will not affect the turning radius of the bike.

Of course, different bike.....different experience.

Cheers

I installed the risers on my 08 RSV Sunday. Loosened the clutch and brake lever assembly and slid down bars an inch or two, put in risers, got bars where I wanted them, tightened bolts and moved the brake and clutch back to original spots and tightened. Whole thing took 1/2 hour. Pad the tank good!!! Easy install and I like the new feel.