IGNORED

Important: Please read!

Freebird

This forum is for those of who have decided to run a car tire on the back of their Ventures, or for those who may be interested in trying it and looking for some information.

PLEASE READ: By participating in this area you AGREE to the following.

1. Installing and running a car tire on the back of the Venture or any other motorcycle is NOT endorsed by nor recommended by VentureRider.org.

2. In this group you will mostly find posts from people who are using these tires and are sold on the idea. It is important that you understand that there are negative opinions also. Some of these include possible rubber compounds that are not optimized for motorcycles, some insurance companies may not pay for accidents if they know that you are using a car tire, possible problems with the bead profile of the motorcycle rim not correct for a car tire, profile of tire is possibly not optimized for motorcycle use. These are just a few of the reasons cited for NOT running a car tire on a motorcycle. These issues have been agreed to by some and disputed by others but you need to be aware that the use of a car tire on a motorcycle is NOT universally agreed upon to be a good idea.

3. The bottom line is, do your research and come to your own conclusion. Do not take my word or that of anybody else that this is a good or a bad idea. Do your research and come to your own conclusion but remember, should you decide to proceed with a car tire on your motorcycle, you do so at your own risk and you agree to NOT hold VentureRider.org or any moderator, administrator or member here responsible for any negative consequences of your decision.

4. There are people who have strong feelings on both sides of this issue. It this can be discussed in a mature way then that will be great. Please remember, this forum is NOT solely for the purpose of hearing from those who think that a car tire on a motorcycle is a great idea. There will likely be some posts from those who think it is a dangerous idea. There is likely to be discussion and debate. That is why this is called a DISCUSSION FORUM. If those who participate in this forum cannot do so without resorting to personal attacks and sarcastic comments then this area will be removed IMMEDIATELY.

Don "Freebird" Nelson

I Agree with you Don! I was always told as a kid....If you don't have something nice to say, don't say nothing at all!! And I'm sure most of us were told that! Respect you parents wishes!

Debate....Don't attack! But have fun!

Can't we all just get along:stirthepot::rotf:

thanks don

i will go on recoard here to say i would never blame this site or anyone for the advice. pro or con for my use of a car tire on my m/c. it is my choice and i'am so far am happy with it.

thanks again and best reguards

don c.:hurts:

This forum is for those of who have decided to run a car tire on the back of their Ventures, or for those who may be interested in trying it and looking for some information.

PLEASE READ: By participating in this area you AGREE to the following.

1. Installing and running a car tire on the back of the Venture or any other motorcycle is NOT endorsed by nor recommended by VentureRider.org.

2. In this group you will mostly find posts from people who are using these tires and are sold on the idea. It is important that you understand that there are negative opinions also. Some of these include possible rubber compounds that are not optimized for motorcycles, some insurance companies may not pay for accidents if they know that you are using a car tire, possible problems with the bead profile of the motorcycle rim not correct for a car tire, profile of tire is possibly not optimized for motorcycle use. These are just a few of the reasons cited for NOT running a car tire on a motorcycle. These issues have been agreed to by some and disputed by others but you need to be aware that the use of a car tire on a motorcycle is NOT universally agreed upon to be a good idea.

3. The bottom line is, do your research and come to your own conclusion. Do not take my word or that of anybody else that this is a good or a bad idea. Do your research and come to your own conclusion but remember, should you decide to proceed with a car tire on your motorcycle, you do so at your own risk and you agree to NOT hold VentureRider.org or any moderator, administrator or member here responsible for any negative consequences of your decision.

4. There are people who have strong feelings on both sides of this issue. It this can be discussed in a mature way then that will be great. Please remember, this forum is NOT solely for the purpose of hearing from those who think that a car tire on a motorcycle is a great idea. There will likely be some posts from those who think it is a dangerous idea. There is likely to be discussion and debate. That is why this is called a DISCUSSION FORUM. If those who participate in this forum cannot do so without resorting to personal attacks and sarcastic comments then this area will be removed IMMEDIATELY.

Don "Freebird" Nelson

Can I have your lawyers name an address? LOL :Im not listening to

Thanks Don. Now could you delete all the posts to this thread so that the discussion stays strickly with the car tire issue and so stays informative for those who would like to use it as such? Sorry guys, just my opinion, but Don did say STRICKLY. And no I'm not ticked, just like to be a little organized.

Thanks Don. Now could you delete all the posts to this thread so that the discussion stays strickly with the car tire issue and so stays informative for those who would like to use it as such? Sorry guys, just my opinion, but Don did say STRICKLY. And no I'm not ticked, just like to be a little organized.

And just where did Don say that? Am I missing something? A post deleted? I don't see that anywhere on this thread.

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure the constitution specifically allows for MC riders to use a car tire on their bike but it certainly is your choice. Based on what I've read over the years I wouldn't do it but you never know about the future. If something definitive comes out showing its huge benefits over a MC tire then I'd do it. Of course this would have to be a study completed by a DISinterested person/group and not from other riders or tire manufacturers.

I'm not sure the constitution specifically allows for MC riders to use a car tire on their bike but it certainly is your choice. Based on what I've read over the years I wouldn't do it but you never know about the future. If something definitive comes out showing its huge benefits over a MC tire then I'd do it. Of course this would have to be a study completed by a DISinterested person/group and not from other riders or tire manufacturers.

You mean like Metlzer going out of business..... Yep, Could Happen....................

• 1 year later...

When i do get an RSV....I to am thinking of going to the "DARKSIDE". I see that there are not many companies left making these size tires. I know Kumho Power Star 758 were very popular....but seem to have been discontinued. Could we make a list of current tires 165-80-15's that we come across as being available. So far the only ones i can find still available are made by (Nexen SB802) (Nankang CX668) (Federal SS657) (Vredestein Sprint+) (Kenda Kenetica KR17),and (BF Goodrich offers a Radial T/A in a 155-80-15). The Vredestein Sprint+ seems to be the nicest and most promising one......but are very hard to find here in the U.S and are like 110 - 125$. I really want to go with the Vredestein Sprint+ or the Nexen SB802. If any of you folks can find any other tires in this size and let me know.....that would be very helpful......thank you to all. A "sticky" of the brands and models would be helpful for all that want to go this route....I just don't know how to make them!

Edited by Bret H

• 7 years later...

Do those vtwinners count as darksiders too? [emoji23][emoji23] ok seriously i have simple question. I want to know if you can darkside a Vstar? O and what headlight upgrade I can do. I have the baby shark[emoji16] aka 650cc [emoji12]

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Just an opinion here from past experiences:

I have to agree with Marcarl comment, running and moderating a forum is not to be taken lightly from a managements position.

True we have plenty of leeway here but its a privileged and as such we need management to keep the wolves away from our gates.

And, I guess the reason Don posted the comments.