IGNORED

2007 rsmv exhausts

I like my Kromewerks deeper sound not too loud but some want sewing machine quiet..These rumble about like the Bubs do. Can also buy different tips,I chose the turn downs see pic below. Tom

I second the vote for Krome-Werks, got them on my 07 Blue/Black and really like them.

Third vote for the Khromewerks. I have the turndown tips also. The final item that sold me on them is that they do NOT have to be repacked. The bubs should be repacked every 10K miles or so from what I've been told.

Cheers,

Leonard

I've had the Khromewerks in the past. The fit and finish is very nice. I like the way that they cover the clamps with the integrated heat shield. I also like that you could turn the tips for different looks. I had mine turned out.

BUT...unless they have changed the design, they do have to be repacked. Mine burned out after about a year I think. They used a fiberglass type packing.

That being said, I liked them better than the Bubs or the Samsons. The Samsons have a permanent baffle and actually doesn't need to be repacked but they were LOUD.

I bought the adapter kit off of ebay for I believe 80 bucks, this allows you to mount ANY mufflers that will fit a Harley Electra Glide or Road King. I did this because I have always used Vance & Hines mufflers on every bike I've owned, good quality and sound. Unfortunately they don't make a muffler for the Venture but the adapter takes care of that.

They sound great, low rumble at idle, slight rumble cruising at 70mph, and loud only when you really get on it and get the rpm's up.

I've had the Khromewerks in the past. The fit and finish is very nice. I like the way that they cover the clamps with the integrated heat shield. I also like that you could turn the tips for different looks. I had mine turned out.

BUT...unless they have changed the design, they do have to be repacked. Mine burned out after about a year I think. They used a fiberglass type packing.

That being said, I liked them better than the Bubs or the Samsons. The Samsons have a permanent baffle and actually doesn't need to be repacked but they were LOUD.

Hmmm.... I was told they did not use any packing. I'll have to go back and check now. :)

Cheers,

Leonard