IGNORED

The Day History Began in West Virginia

Skid

Thursday, June 26, 2008, is the first West Virginia Skid-In began!

Tune in later for more details, pics, and more interesting stories, as the "Rest of the Story" will follow.....

I am excited!:banana:

:sign20:

Made History and tomorrow I'm RIDING!! Frogman offered me the use of a 1st Gen. The "RED BARON" no less. But it is just not the same. Thanks Froggy. I'll crank up that 750 in the morning and go riding. Offered to take baffles out of Vance&Hines 4in1 for Skid and wake up entire town of Gasaway but he declined and saved me a headache. But tomorrow (if nothing goes wrong) I'M RIDING!!! Noiseist one in the bunch and uglyist but stoplight to stoplight?????

Skid Inn is great. Leslies grilled food and fixins are the best. DQ ice cream two days in a row.Peanut butter pies and keylime lemon pies we did 165 mile ride today. I gotta go lay down somewhere and sleep this one off. The main event tomorrow.:cool10::cool10:

Had a great day. Will be posting pics after tomorrows ride not enough time tonight, took a bunch today. Took around 155 today. Will upload when I have more time but there are some good ones so stay tuned for a link on the pic folder. 5 cheesecake pies today for supper time with hot dogs and chicken. Thanks Leslie for the good food and Lonna for the Key lime and lemon cheesecake and yes I made peanut butter Don and you missed it. Goodnight all got to get some sleep for tomorrows big ride.

That is where you coming sliding in at......:sign20:

either on your bike or your Saab.....:biker:

I dilengently stayed up late last night packing and getting ready for the trip. Was up at six to start the list of errands that had to be done before we could leave. My oldest son showed up right on time to drop off his trailer that we are using. However, he failed to mention that the trailer had wiring, wheel bearing, and coupler issues requiring four hours of trailer maintenance time to make it road worthy. Sooooo... we got a late start before we hit I285 ready to go. Then Boom.......bumper to bumper traffic.

Once again off like a heard of........................................ Turtles Arrrrrgggggg

Finally traffic started rolling on 85 somewhere near SC/GA line. But, we did make it, Skid-IN into Microtel somewhere around 12:30AM.

Now I'm so excited about riding tomorrow I cant get to sleep. But I'll be ready bright and early. I just hope I don't get a sinking spell early in the day. And it don't rain.