IGNORED

I need an '88 Venture Owners Manual.

I have been searching everywhere that I can find for this Owners Manual for over a year now with no luck.

I have downloaded the PDF for the '83 manual which is a help, but would like the correct manual for my '88 Venture.

If anyone still has an Owners Manual for an '88 Venture and would be willing to part with it for a short while, I would be willing to scan it, create a PDF, post the PDF here for all to use, and I will pay the shipping of your manual both ways.

Any takers???

Please

Jeff Borowski

Hey flyinfool,

Depending on just what you want, go to repairmanual.com and get the Yamaha Shop service manual, just like your dealership uses. It has all the info of the owners manual plus alot more for repairs, etc.

I am after all of the user info.

I have the repair manual that has answered most of my questions, but not all.

Things like recommended tire pressures, recommended shift points, and who knows what other tidbits might be in there that I won't even think to ask.

I don't think much of that info changed much from the '83, especially tire pressures. The power band should be between 4 to 6K but I'm sure someone else will have other ideas on that. I just shift when it feels like it's time, depending on whether I'm just cruising or in a hurry...

• 1 year later...

I just scored a genuine owners manual for my 88 venture, Yamaha p/n LIT-11626-06-07.

I did learn a few small things that are good to know that I did not already figure out by riding this bike for the last 2-1/2 years.

I am willing to scan it and post it for others to reference.

BUT

1. It is 162 pages long so it will take me a while to put it all together. I have an old and very slow scanner and then I have to convert the scan files to either PDF or a word doc.

2. The file size will be huge and I am not sure if I can post that big of a file here.

Is there someone that has the file space that can host it with a link on here to get to your site? Other options????

3. I could scan it by section to have several smaller files.

What do you all think.

Or am I the only one that was so set on acquiring an owners manual?