IGNORED

Help Rear Brake Bleeding

Ive just installed a barons lowering kit to my 2000 Venture... Now i cannt get the rear brake to bleed at all. no presure at the pedal but its pushing air and fuild through. tried a vacuum pump no help,,,, im stumped going out to get some new bleed valves to see if that helps any other suggestion will be greatly wanted....:confused24:

p.s no leaks that i can find either

You need to get the bleed valve at the highest point of the caliper. I'm not sure but with this relocating bracket, it may have the caliper upside down with the bleed valve lower than the pistons. If this is the case you will need to take the caliper off the bracket and move it up the rotor where the bleed valve is higher than the pistons. Then it will bleed properly and once you get all the air out, move the caliper back to the bracket on the bottom.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Ive just installed a barons lowering kit to my 2000 Venture... Now i cannt get the rear brake to bleed at all. no presure at the pedal but its pushing air and fuild through. tried a vacuum pump no help,,,, im stumped going out to get some new bleed valves to see if that helps any other suggestion will be greatly wanted....:confused24:

p.s no leaks that i can find either

I had what sounds like the same problem you are having. To make a long story short, I discovered that the rubber disk that floats on top of the fluid in the resevoir had bottomed out in the resevoir. Even with full fluid level in the resevoir, there was no bleeding action. If this is your case, gently break the seal of the floating disk and bring it back to the top of the fluid.