IGNORED

Clutch Upgrade For sale

So after three different posts and multiple times veiwing Freebirds Barnett Clutch upgrade thread I finally pieced it all together why my new Barnett pressure plate wont work on my 1984 VR. BECAUSE ITS A 1984 VR and not a 1986 or newer :doh: LOL. So I now have a $150.00 dollar paper weight or an almost new (never rotated in the basket) Barnett Clutch spring upgrade for your 1986 or newer VR or VMAX. My bike shop special orderd this for me and are now refusing to give me a refund. My total cost was 147. and change. I will take $145 and I will pay shipping in the US to any one who is looking to upgrade.:bighug:

The bolts are a little worn and the washers are scraped a bit from the bolts but other than that it is still new. Please let me know if you are interested.

Stay safe

:225:MIKE

Don't feel bad. I now have a new neck for the thermostat just from clicking on the wrong line on the order form, 2 new wrong gasket seals for the thermostat (Yamaha didn't upgrade the listing for the gasket when they upgraded the thermostat, you gotta check a vmax or newer Venture. or just change the first 00 to 01 for the correct gasket). Sorry that your hit is bigger, I would go against the dealer BIG time if it was their fault. Especially if you can prove they ordered the wrong part. Even suggest bringing in mediation or something like that. If they are a reputable dealer, they should make it right.

Dan

So after three different posts and multiple times veiwing Freebirds Barnett Clutch upgrade thread I finally pieced it all together why my new Barnett pressure plate wont work on my 1984 VR. BECAUSE ITS A 1984 VR and not a 1986 or newer :doh: LOL.

MIKE

Yup, all you needed to change, was the springs themselves. Which would have been about $15. for the set.

The pressure plate upgrade kit is for the 1300 engines...........

Mike, I noticed that your posting this clutch up-grade

in the 2nd Gen,,, this will fit 99 and up?

And I also noticed that the article in the tech

section is about the 1st gen.. I am confused,

but that is not a hard thing for me. :)

Jeff

Mike, I noticed that your posting this clutch up-grade

in the 2nd Gen,,, this will fit 99 and up?

And I also noticed that the article in the tech

section is about the 1st gen.. I am confused,

but that is not a hard thing for me. :)

Jeff

Nope Jeff, it's for a 1st gen MK11, 86-93. All we need for the MK1 (83-85) is the spring kit.

Dan

This all sounds like we need a posting in the Maint Library, Concerning Clutch Replacement Parts, for all the different years and models, of the Venture Bikes.

This should include all possible levels of " Fix's " for each year, includeing Manufactures, and different methods that could be used for each year of bike, from 83 up.

This should include OEM P/N's and any Aftermarket suppliers of clutch components that will work for that particular year of bike.

Is anybody Up to that task ????

There just seems to be to much confusion, with decideing which parts will work for the different year bikes.

There's not so much of a Miracle.

The earlier 1Gen's have the 6 Springs Clutch Hub and Pressure Plate, all other's plus the Vmax have the Diaphragm Style Spring with a different Hub and Pressure Plate in stock Setup.

The Friction Plates fit all Years, so are the steel Plates.

But i agree on a Listing of several possible Upgrades

Wrong, these pressure plates, will fit the 2nd gens as well. See attached pdf

Hey Rocket, don't yell at me!!!!! I just figured we didn't need to help them 2nd genners out any!!!! I can't help it that the MK1's are easier to figure out!!! Sorry I put that out there without checking, but it made sense to me (just like owning a 1st gen does!!!!)

Dan :starz:

Hey Rocket, don't yell at me!!!!! I just figured we didn't need to help them 2nd genners out any!!!! I can't help it that the MK1's are easier to figure out!!! Sorry I put that out there without checking, but it made sense to me (just like owning a 1st gen does!!!!)

Dan :starz:

Not yelling, these 2nd genners, can't see too good (that's why they are on slow bikes), so I had to make it readable for them too............

:stirthepot:

See, allready got a heated discussion going.

Thats why we need a Complete listing of All, OEM, clutch parts for each year,

And then, Every! possible Aftermarket configuration, for that year, with P/N's and Suppliers.

Then post it, as Open for Corrections, or additions. When its complete, then list it in the Maintenance Library !!!

And with that, the SUN is Shinning in SEATTLE, its 85 DEG F. and I'm going to get the " Black Beast " out, and go for a ride. ( A FAST RIDE ) Its just that kind of a day ------------ C ya down the road