IGNORED

85 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200

Guest acbsn99

Guest acbsn99

Hey Guys, I have a big question. My Venture all of a sudden quit wanting to start. If I put the choke on it doesn't start, if I give it a little gas it tries to start, and I had it running once and it didn't want to stay running. Does anybody know what could be wrong? I took the plugs out and cleaned and adjusted them. I'm going to put some new plugs in it tomorrow and try it. I've already rode it several times in the last couple of weeks and this all of a sudden happened. I just filled the tank up with gas recently.I don't think it's bad gas. Thanks guys

check your fuel filter and replace it if you havnt done it recently, pull the fuel line off and try to crank the engine, see if gas comes out of the line. Point it at a container cause if its work it will come out quickly, if it doesnt could be fuel pump.

Also, theres reports in here of guys having a lot of rust in the bottom of the tank, worth checking that out too.

Brian

When that same exact thing happened to my wifes Honda Shadow it was the fuel PUMP.

A filter usually won't just plug up like that unless you got a bad load of gel fuel.

Make sure your fuel pump is working.