IGNORED

06 RSV Rear PTT Unit ???

Does anyone know how to get to the rear Remote Control Unit. My PTT button fell off and I got my hand on a new Remote Control Unit. Now I need to install it. I know the trunk has to be removed to get close to it.:detective:

Thanks,

I started working on it without instructions and have been scratching my head for the last hour. It's great knowing there is someplace to go where someone has already done all the head scratching for you.

Thanks Again:clap2:

Guest Dareman

Please forgive my ignorance. I am new to the Yamaha's.

I have an 06 RSMV.

What is the PTT and remote control unit that some are having issues with.

I am taking the RSMV on a 4,000 trip next week across the Southwest U.S. and I don't need any surprizes.

Thanks!

I went to my dealer to get it fixed, under warranty awhile ago, the dealer said that Yamaha would not replace just the button at that time, they would replace the whole remote control unit. I have been back to my dealer several times and they were either very busy or the guys who knew hoe to do the repair were not there, soooo I convinced them to let me install it myself. It really was a breeze once I knew how to get into the unit. It was a good chance to clean under the trunk and seats too.

Someone posted these numbers awhile ago just for the knobs

4xy-88157-00 for the passenger cb push to talk button

4xy-88137-00 for the passenger volume control knob

I had mine replaced last year and they replaced the whole unit.....not very well either...took a second trip to the shop to tuck the wires up inside instead of hanging down on the fender. I guess it took a few replacements before Yamaha decided to just replace the knobs and the tech did say that Yamaha weren't going to replace them any more.

Keith

My PTT button fell off and I ordered the button only from Yamaha.

Little loctite and all is well. Why you need the control unit???

Mine fell off my '06. Tried to order just the button and the dealer told me that it could not be ordered. He told me he would order the entire unit and install it. Everything was covered by the warranty.:2143:

Wow, guess I got a good parts guy. We looked at the schematics and then went over to an RSV sitting on the showroom floor to confirm that what we were looking at and what we were ordering were the same thing. If I remember right it was less than 5 bucks. By the way mine is an 06 as well.