IGNORED

1984 Radio/Cassette Replacement

Guest macewan

Guest macewan

Is there anything available? I have a few tapes to listen to but I have to upgrade to something better. You would think with such a great bike, someone would have invented a replacement for the old sound system. I have an iPhone and might try to integrate it in to the sound system somehow. That way I could use the phone and music features. I also saw that the unit says intercom but I have not found a place to plug in headsets. Am I missing something here? Has anyone come up with a way to replace the factory sound system with something a lot better? Any help is appreciated.

1984 Venture Royale 1200

Edited by macewan
added bike info

Is there anything available? I have a few tapes to listen to but I have to upgrade to something better. You would think with such a great bike, someone would have invented a replacement for the old sound system. I have an iPhone and might try to integrate it in to the sound system somehow. That way I could use the phone and music features. I also saw that the unit says intercom but I have not found a place to plug in headsets. Am I missing something here? Has anyone come up with a way to replace the factory sound system with something a lot better? Any help is appreciated.

1984 Venture Royale 1200

Rather than to change the bike I opted to use the stock cassette player and bought a cassette adapter that plugs into my mp3 player. The cassette adapter runs fine and i slightly notched the top of the player to allow the cord to come out while the door is closed to make it neater. I then attached some double sided velcro to the top of the cassette door and to the back of my mp3 player and it works bery well. The 8 gig player runs as long as I ever want to ride! I originally tried plugging an fm transmitter into my mp3 player and tune my radio to its frequencybut it didnt give near as much sound.

OH yes, i forgot, my ride is an 85 1st gen vr

Brian :cool10::cool10:

I do what Brian does, works very well. I am considering an iPhone but waiting for the 2nd gen to come out.

I want to see how I can make it work to have as a music player, phone and GPS (I hear it will be coming with GPS). Then I have one device that acts as many.

I also saw that the unit says intercom but I have not found a place to plug in headsets. Am I missing something here?

1984 Venture Royale 1200

You need the interface cables (they were optional), that connect the amp to the headset cords, see these links for more info.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21213

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=JM%2DYV%2D41