IGNORED

Niagara Area roads

dunvilsteev

I live in Dunnville, commute to Hamilton. So I know of a couple of nice ones to ride. Here is my list in no particular order:

Hamilton area:

Scenic Drive- check out the homes and the view

Ridge Rd- killer views and a few twisties

Niagara area:

St Anns Rd (RR 69 I think) nice twisties

Effingham Rd - twisties but a little bumpy lately

Niagara Parkway - Millionaire's Row nice road and great views, even worth the ride through the mayhem of the Falls area. I like to go from Fort Erie up to Niagara ;)

Lake Erie shoreline: from Port Colborne through to Lowbanks, and then from Dunnville to Selkirk along the shore too. Second is a little bumpy but both nice rides.

Thats what I've got for now.... anyone else want to add ......feel free!

Always looking for a new ride!

Something about the penninsula, where ever you ride there are always some nice scenic parts, just don't be stuck to the main travelled areas, You've hit on some of the best though, Now take a trip to the south and west of Kitchener, along the lake to Port Burwell, North of Orangeville and then the Muskokas, just west of Burlington\ Mississauga in the Milton area, Ancaster SourSprings Road on your way through.

There are so many unknown "nice roads" in this Niagara area. I tend to link alot of them together when going on a scenic ride. Last year I led a group from Beamsville back to the Grand river, then west to Brantford area, touring up some tight hilly roads thru Ancaster and into Dundas, with amazing areas like along babbling brooks, and rivers, seeing some prime real estate, views from top of escarpment.. It was a great ride, I will do it again this year and post it for anybody interested.. I know this area quite well, and spent alot of time on the google map to come up with such a route..

• 1 month later...

Had a buddy take me for a ride, we went STILL further west from Port Burwell to this little crossroads of a town called Sparta. A little west of Aylmer on hwy 3 and then down Quaker Rd (I think) There was a nice restaurant/tearoom we went to ... try the meat pies, chicken or steak&kidney (yum organs!) and a cool "dust collector" store with nice prices. Then the second store called Winter Wheat had artisan stuff again at good prices, with live harpists plucking away in a gazebo. Wife was in heaven, and it made for a nice little stopover before heading home again.

Guest BluesLover
Had a buddy take me for a ride, we went STILL further west from Port Burwell to this little crossroads of a town called Sparta. A little west of Aylmer on hwy 3 and then down Quaker Rd (I think) There was a nice restaurant/tearoom we went to ... try the meat pies, chicken or steak&kidney (yum organs!) and a cool "dust collector" store with nice prices. Then the second store called Winter Wheat had artisan stuff again at good prices, with live harpists plucking away in a gazebo. Wife was in heaven, and it made for a nice little stopover before heading home again.

I do believe you were playing in my very own backyard ... The Green Frog Tea Room was likely the place you were at (at least it sounds like it). It's actually on Rogers Rd, but who cares :confused24: . here's a link:

http://members.iglide.net/pinecroft/GiftShop.htm

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

Hi Dunvilsteev, I notice that you've got a Welsh flag as your icon, so hello from Wales, I live in Llanelli. I've been to Ontario and love it there, The Green Frog Tea Room looks like a lovely place, maybe I'll visit it one day, hopefully.