IGNORED

Utah trip

rod

We are going to St. George Utah for vacation May 17-25. We plan on going to Zion, Brice, Cedar Breaks, North Rim may be, and what ever. Any locals know of things to see or do in the area? Mostly we plan on riding,eating,resting and repeat. Thanks Rod

Rod-

You'll love So. Utah's parks and beauty. If you're driving up, you'll enjoy the Virgin River Gorge (between Mesquite and St. George).

Springdale is the entrance to Zion's Nat'l Park. Enjoy lunch or dinner on the patio at Oscar's Restaurant. Good food and great ambiance. It's just off of the main road, the locals like it so you'll have to ask to find it.

Bryce Canyon is a short visit once you're there. Don't plan more than a hour or so at the park.

If I were going, I'd suggest taking a couple of days and going over to Arches Nat'l Park just outside of Moab. It's a great park and has numerous hikes ranging from easy to hard. Delicate Arch is a must see!!

Now you have me dreaming about going. Wish I could!! Have a great trip and feel free to contact me if I can help.

Dave

I agree about Arches. Great place-not to be missed. But you are getting some bad advice about Bryce. One hour?:no-no-no: In that time, you couldn't drive from one end of the park to the other. And if you don't take at least one hike if not down into the canyon then do at least a path or two along the perifery or you will be missing out on a sight which is unique in the world !:) We thought we would spend a few hours - we ended up staying for two days!!! We have probably over 500 photos of just Bryce! And don't miss out on Canyonlands National Monument. And there is also Capitol Reef National Monument.

The state of Utah is full of beutifull scenery. On the other hand the people leave a lot to be desired. :moon: :smilies6: We were in a Lexus LX470 (We came for my brother's wedding) and during our short , day and a half stay in Salt Lake City there were at least two attempts to key the paint on the car. In two different locations with not a single person who knew us anywhere around. So I guess it was purly motivated by nasty jalousy, I guess....

When I asked my brother about it he said it was a common occurence in Utah. Every new car he ever had had been promprly damaged. I guess if it's someone else's and isn't old, dirty and rusty then it deserves damaging, what a sad philosophy:(:confused24: So watch your bike!