IGNORED

Carb Help PLEASE!!!

I have a 99 RSV. I was changing the spark plugs on the bike tonight and when I took the tank off I discovered quite a bit of gas on and around the air box on the top of the carbs. The only thing I could find was the boots on the top of the left carbs were quite loose. I don't know if I have a vacuum leak some where or why there would be gas hanging around up there. Oh and the bike has been running perfect. Any thoughts would be appreciated, not real familiar with carb works.

well, thats a good question. The liquid is light brown like oil but real thin. I thought it was just dirty gas. Oil and gas mixed. Probably some blow-by like you said and normal I hope. I think I'll just keep ridin' it like I stole it!! Thank you very much for your responses. Dave

Question, after a ride, when you park the bike and come back out 30 minutes later do you get a fairly strong smell of gas.

I have a 99 and the back carb on the drivers side would be wet on the bottom. I probably ran 3 or 4 cans of Seafoam through it hoping that would take care of cleaning the carbs. After each ride I would come back out several hours later or the next morning it would be dry. Last year I ended up cutting the petcock off as I came up the driveway to help run the bowls out of gas. Over the winter I finally put new needle and seats in the carbs to solve the problem. Hope it helps.

Spotsy