Is there a good thread on here to help understand/diagnose the leveling system on the first gen.

I get nothing from mine, no lights, no noise, nothing. I suppose the place to start is, is it getting power?

Thanks

D

Is there a good thread on here to help understand/diagnose the leveling system on the first gen.

I get nothing from mine, no lights, no noise, nothing. I suppose the place to start is, is it getting power?

Thanks

D

Is it even plugged in??? The light is 2 seperate wires aside from the main plug to the controller.

As for links for the repair of the controller, if it has power & showing an error code.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=493

david.

are you aware, that the class system, only works with the key in the "ACC." position?

if you turn the key all the way to ON, you get no action from the "CLASS", system.

not being a "smarty", just trying to help you cover all the bases.

just jt

david.

are you aware, that the class system, only works with the key in the "ACC." position?

if you turn the key all the way to ON, you get no action from the "CLASS", system.

not being a "smarty", just trying to help you cover all the bases.

just jt

OK, the "Class" system, is that the leveler controller? And if it is , no I did not know that it only works in the accessory position. That is really good information to know.

D

Now I see why it is called the "Class" System, it's an Acronym.

I just tried it in the accessory position. The light comes on then, but nothing else happens. I took the plug of and used my test light on it. I have power on at least one of the prongs.

More interesting though. With my test light I ground it with an alligator clip to the ground on the battery, when I touch one of the terminals on the plug, it sounds like my pump comes on.

So I guess we have that going for us? :whistling:

D

david.

on the left side, just in front of the passenger's footrest, there is a "knob", that you can "preselect" your load .

turn the knob, from #1- to #4, and back again. do this a few times, to loosen up the contacts.

now check to see that your "class" system is NOT set to ".auto".

play with it , until you figure out how to "add" and "decrease the pressure".

shouldn't be anything MAJOR, wrong here. just a new learning experience!

don't ask me how i know that!

just jt

Well, I resoldered everything on the white board and it seems to have made some progress. Now when I turn on the key to acc I here some kinda spurt or something from the rear of the bike an I have some LEDS.

I have played with the buttons some. Seems I can get a reading of 30 lbs. for the rear and 0 for the front. Can't seem to get it off of manual mode though, and I can't change the pressure.

Anyway is there anywhere that I can find directions on how to used this thing?

Thanks

D

I saw something on the other forum about cleaning the switches, so I took the controller apart again and cleaned the button contacts and anything else while I was in there. I looked at the other PC board too under a 10X magnifier and the joints looked good, so put it together.

Now when I hook it up it seems to act normal, I can turn on the pump, and even release air. I don't think it is putting anything in the shock though, I see no raise in the rear of the bike, and the pressure never says anything other that 7.

I am guessing I will need to dig in and check air lines?

D