Hi To All: I have an 83 Venture that I have just finished my "Spring Cleaning" of by removing all plastic and cleaning the bike completely. After replacing all the plastic the fuel guage now has no display and the red light is flashing. Thinking that the computer module might be the problem I tried another computer module that I have with the same results. When I turn the key on you can quickly see three (3) bars in the fuel guage and they go out. Has anyone seen or had this problem before?

I'm guessing everything else works fine on the monitor. If so I would look into the ground connection for the sending unit found mine was not getting good connection under the seat area.

Also might want to check your solder on your monitor, mine were not the best in the world so I went in and resolder all connections, this fix took care of the false reading of the fuel gauge. Within 5-10 minutes of filling up my tank the gauge would drop to half or empty gaving false readings .

buddy

If all the above does not do the trick:

Also, follow the Two wires from the Sender unit, it will come to a " TWO Wire " pull apart plug, ( not sure where its located ) ( probabley behind the Head light ) there might be a problem at this plug.

Its not to hard to pull the sender unit out of the tank. Sombody recently posted an article on removeing it, and makeing a repair to the unit itself. ( If thats your problem)

Check the Maint. section, to find the posting.