IGNORED

OFF the Ground

kantornado

Today 04-12-08 THE NAVIGATOR and I were out riding with a group on a charity run and I was in 3rd gear going about 45mph and needed more power for a swift maneuver and kicked

my big 2nd GEN into 2nd and twisted the throttle, Well the front end came off the ground and shocked the heck out of me and THE NAVIGATOR as well as the guy and his kid on

the tour glide classic next to us.

I did'nt know the 2nd GEN'S could do that cause there so heavy and would never try to

bring her off the ground in fear of ripping the front end out.

But she came down gentle and we were off to the races when I hit 3rd gear..

Man this is a sweet bike and the HD riders where impressed they did'nt think a big bike could do that.

Thought I would share this info.

What a beautiful day it was today.........................................Ron :cool10:

Hey .... nice Move !!!

Sure made you looking very cool :D :D :D :D :)

btw

you can lift the front End of any Bike. If you train it, you just need you accelerate in 2nd Gear, abruptly turn down the Throttle and while the Fork is travelling down because of missing Thrust, open the Throttle full open. If you hit the best Point with Forks expanding due to the Springs and Motor on best Torque pulling hard, the Wheel comes up easy. Much easier with a Passenger behind you and REALLY cool looking 2 up.

And the 1st genners think our bikes have no power. Really they're just dreaming.

I've been just waiting for this to happen to me, with the way I've warmed up my bike. And I'm not done warming it yet. Actually I'm afraid of pulling the wheel up, and when I gas it that hard, I will lean forward to help keep it down. I'm sure I could make it come up if I wanted to, like Squeeze says. But I really don't want to.

Is anyone really surprised that a HD rider didn't think that a big bike could do that? No.

Guest tx2sturgis

Yall just showin your ignorance....:whistling:

I've pulled a few wheelies on my 1200 sporty that I used to have, and although I dont pull up the front on my road sofas, it can be done. ( I'm not too fond of replacing fork seals) Its much easier to do with a passenger...maybe I need to take a few pics of some harley riding friends who do that alot. You aint seen a spectacle like an HD ElectraGlide pulling it up at night and leaving a trail of sparks from the mufflertips dragging the pavement!

Now 'stoppies'...THATS a different matter...I dont think I'll be trying that with MY bikes!

Yall just showin your ignorance....:whistling:

I've pulled a few wheelies on my 1200 sporty that I used to have, and although I dont pull up the front on my road sofas, it can be done. ( I'm not too fond of replacing fork seals) Its much easier to do with a passenger...maybe I need to take a few pics of some harley riding friends who do that alot. You aint seen a spectacle like an HD ElectraGlide pulling it up at night and leaving a trail of sparks from the mufflertips dragging the pavement!

Now 'stoppies'...THATS a different matter...I dont think I'll be trying that with MY bikes!

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=0-lzmnp9GVM]YouTube - Harley wheelie[/ame]

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=DG0f-EPlx30&feature=related]YouTube - harley wheelie flh police special harley david son[/ame]

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=0BkYoX1Prc8]YouTube - Redwood Run 2007 - Harley Wheelie[/ame]

Guest tx2sturgis

There ya go dude!!

Now maybe these guys will believe it!!

Not sure about my schedule for this next weekend...Ive got Jury Duty this week...who knows how long that will last.

But assuming I'm free next weekend, I'll probably ride up to Amarillo and bring my RAM mount...are ya game for some pics and video of that car tire in action?

BTW...I'll be taking the OTHER road...the one without the nails!

:cool10:

OH MAN!! Hit a nerve I think with someone.

My quote "I did'nt know the 2nd GEN'S could do that cause there so heavy and would never try to bring her off the ground in fear of ripping the front end out. end quote"

My Quote "I did'nt know the 2nd GEN'S could do that"end quote Because I was in 3rd going to 2nd. I know it will do it in 1st.

My 1st GEN I could bring her up in 1st and 2nd no problem. I never tried 3rd but am sure it would of came up if I stood up and leaned back while hitting the throttle.

The quote was "Man this is a sweet bike and the HD riders where impressed they did'nt think a big bike could do that." end quote

Now I did not go into the whole conversation that we all had but I assured them it could be done. As for me I was in 3rd gear at about 45mph dropped her in to 2nd and twisted the throttle and she came up about 3 or so inches. Like I said it was a little unexpected.

Been to Sturgis week 32 times 27 years of that in a row. Been to the HD drags,more times then I care to remember as well as the hill climbs and was there when it was cool to pull wheelies and burn outs on main while having an adult beverage while watching the babes bared there tops.:rotf::cool10: The RAT'S HOLE was the place to be and the parties at Buffalo chip were unplanned and none scripted as well as unbelievable.

Just thought I would share a unexpected moment and it was unexpected and pretty cool and would not recommend bringing the front end up.

Replacing the fork seals would not be fun but its all the other things that can happen or go wrong..............................................Ron