665 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find VentureRider.org

• Search Engine
    • NOTORIOUS email from Freebird
    • Word of mouth
    • An Ebay listing
    • A posting on another web site
    • Don't Remember

Bike broke down. Needed help, found the Venture Riders last year, but didn't have money to do anything to join, then found the Venturers, then well here I am on both sites. and well, if you see a John Midnight around. Flip a few coins, and it might be me ;)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 4 years ago, I started thinking about the bike owned by an old friend who I used to ride with back in the early 90's. It was a 1st gen. Decided to look for one and found the one that I eventually bought after I did a web search and stumbled across this forum. In fact, it is this forum that helped me decide to buy my VR. What a stroke of luck - both finding the forum and buying the VR.

thankfully found last summer through search engines, would have been great to find VRO months prior. The VR was an impulse buy and required lots of tweaking and tlc.

Relied primarily on our local dealer up to that point. :mo money:

(which in all fairness has a couple of great old school techs)

Followed Don over to the MTA,then came here when he started this up.Membership got lost a couple of server crashes ago,but when I came back to the internet myself I found you all again.I keep a membership here and over at Venturers.Org.I have good friends on both sites and have learned many things from all of you and really enjoy talking Yamaha V4.

• 1 year later...

Actually I did a search and I was told by a member of the XJbikes.com forum, MidniteMax, about this site. I also belong to that form. I don't know if he goes by that here though. This a great forum and I find that this site is fantastic as is XJbikes if you own a Maxim or Secca.

• 1 year later...
Just curious. How did you find this site?

This awesome site came up when I was doing some RSV reviews prior to purchasing. I remember bugging FREEBIRD with several questions and was a proverbial thorn in his side. All this BEFORE I joined, which tells you the quality of the people on this site. Getting answers without a second thought. Thanks Don, if not for you I wouldn't say I'm a proud member of this site!!!:cool10:

Bought a first gen that didn't run and was searching the net for info on how to fix it. Whala... There it was. After the trial period I joined up. Been a member ever since.

"Have fun out there"

stanG

• 2 years later...

I'm surprised I haven't responded to this thread already!

Looking back over the posts I see there are several "Expired memberships" as well as a number of "Guests". Would be interesting to know what happened with those folks.

Anyhoo, I found this site in 2006 right after I bought my '87. I was getting the E-4 (or whatever it was) code on my shock air controller. Found the answer here and made the fix. Been an active member ever since although it's been several years now since I've owned a Venture.

Met a lot of great people from here and look forward to meeting more in the not too distant future as my wife and I embark on an 8 month tour of Canada and USA (pulling a 5th wheel) starting August this year.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The cascade of handles is like reading the past. So many say they are lurking, it would be nice to hear from them again. I suppose some of them have moved on to other bikes by now. Getting back to the original poll it was a search engine that brought me here after buying my 83 many moons ago. This place fits into my sanity or insanity depending on how the day goes. Don, you have done good in keeping this site friendly since the beginning.:happy34:

• 2 years later...
Just curious. How did you find this site?

My RSV is the first bike I've owned in 35 yrs. This was after weighing my wants and needs with the dollar amount I had to deal with. (Fixed income means smart dollar being spent.) The search began by Youtube and rider opinions etc. Venture Riders showed up in the search. The result was a 2009 RSV and a membership with riders. I'm a happy guy.

I was send here to monitor.

Crash landed.

Waiting for @Flyinfoof to repair my millennial warp drive.

In the meantime I thought this a good place to practice my communication skills while keeping an eye on Fools weather technology!

I am one of several aliens of the group.

Here is the full story:

Edited by Patch

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Seen the bike on Craigslist really cheap. We were looking for at goldwings. Like how it looked but no #2 gear. Looking up how hard it was to repair. Seen some of Puc Puc youtube post he talked about VR forum. Anyway I asked about repairing and the price kept dropping. Was getting a scared. Told buy it and skip 2 gear. 3/10/2020. We love the bike. Put over 6k miles on her. Now she is on the stand with a milkshake. But we will definitely fix her.