IGNORED

Initial Impressions of the R-Mark® Saddlebag Quick Fastener System

Stratcat

Did a search and didn't see where anyone has discused these so thought I would, as my first attempt at a contribution to this fine site.

Found these poking around the web at http://r-markventures.blogspot.com/

Thought they looked like great idea. Then a few days later I ran acrossed them again on Ebay. So, I thought, what the heck. They're an affrodable upgrade and amkes easy cleaning and maintenance, especially nice if you had to get them off on the side of the road for any reason.

So I ordered them and got immediate response and even a personal email thanksing me for the order!

They were delivered quickly in two days.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff242/stratocurtster/Trials/R%20Mark/20080404_4.jpg

They are basically just your 4mm saddlebag bolts with a intregal plastic knurled or scalloped handle on them. So no tools are required to remove or intall the bags. They seem to tighten down adequately by hand on my installation tonight.

So all that is left, is to ride and double check them for awhile to make sure they stay good and tight, which it appears they will.

Here is what they look like installed.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff242/stratocurtster/Trials/R%20Mark/20080404_7.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff242/stratocurtster/Trials/R%20Mark/20080404_9.jpg

Guest BluesLover

Curt - I got them too (but if my memory serves me right, I think I ordered them from the same person but right through VentureRider.org), and my impressions are 100% aligned with yours.

Quick, efficient service and a great idea. When I had the bike in at the shop to have new rubber put on, the mechanic commented on how he wished all the RSVs were equipped with the same system

Cheers,

Yeah, check out this thread.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14813&highlight=saddle+quick+release

A guy here worked out the parts at McMaster-Carr awhile back. Think that might be where this guy got the idea. His knobs may be a little more streamline though.

Interesting thanks for the link, I fugured when I posted this someone would tell me"Oh you can get that for $.45 here lol" But the convenince factor was worth it to me. They are very streamlined and not obtrusive in the bag at all.

Curt - I got them too (but if my memory serves me right, I think I ordered them from the same person but right through VentureRider.org), and my impressions are 100% aligned with yours.

Quick, efficient service and a great idea. When I had the bike in at the shop to have new rubber put on, the mechanic commented on how he wished all the RSVs were equipped with the same system

Cheers,

Thanks Blues....glad to hear you like em, like I said my only concern was would they stay tight and based on your comments, looks like they will :sign woo hoo: I like it!

Dang Curt! I'm thinking of riding down to Kentucky just to see all the stuff that you have done to your scoot. :happy34:

You'd be welcome anytime my friend!!

Although it might be easier just to meet ya in Indy sometime this summer. I work for a company out on the NW side around 86th and 465 so I am up there frequently. Hopefully some of those will be on the bike this Summer. So maybe we could hook up and break bread on one of my over nights up there. I'll give ya a heads up first time I am able to make the trip that way on the bike and buy ya dinner. :thumbsup2:

You'd be welcome anytime my friend!!

Although it might be easier just to meet ya in Indy sometime this summer. I work for a company out on the NW side around 86th and 465 so I am up there frequently. Hopefully some of those will be on the bike this Summer. So maybe we could hook up and break bread on one of my over nights up there. I'll give ya a heads up first time I am able to make the trip that way on the bike and buy ya dinner. :thumbsup2:

That's funny, my wife works in the same area. Be glad to ride on over if your in the neighborhood.

Here's another thought for this Summer. I'll gather up some biker buds and travel down South. We can meet up in Seymour and head to Story and Nashville. I did that last year and had a great time.

It's supposed to be nice this weekend so I'll probably just point the scoot somewhere and see what I can find. :)

Bob

That's funny, my wife works in the same area. Be glad to ride on over if your in the neighborhood.

Here's another thought for this Summer. I'll gather up some biker buds and travel down South. We can meet up in Seymour and head to Story and Nashville. I did that last year and had a great time.

It's supposed to be nice this weekend so I'll probably just point the scoot somewhere and see what I can find. :)

Bob

Sounds good that's our plan this Sunday also, point and shoot.

Ever ride down to Madison IN? Nice little summer time destination right on the river, quaint little town, lots of nice resturants. We're not to far from there on the Kentucky side.

Hey, if you two put something together down there in Indy, please let me know about it. I'll try to join you.

You bet we will buddy! I come up you way on occassion as well, I have a salemans who work out of a sales office in Elkhart, and I visit a few times a year.

So sounds like there is a good chance I will at least be able to at least cross your two's path!! :sign outstanding: