IGNORED

Front Tire

Gene1020

Hey everyone. This is my first post on here. I was just wondering what everyone thinks is the best front tire. I have a '06 RSTD. I've heard some saying its better to go 1 size smaller on the width. What do you guys think? Also, what brands are best?

I won't do the smaller sized front tire again... I think the slow speed handling thing is overrated.. It does handle a little better at slow speed I won't deny that.. but the high speed handling suffers a bit... In curves I find myself making more corrections to try to hold a line.. It seems to wander a little more and doesn't handle road imperfections as well... So the jury's still out on Avons... I also had some wet road issues with the rear tire locking up just touching the rear brake... My Dunlop 404s never locked up that easy.

I know I'm like the lone voice in the woods but the Avons just haven't won me over yet.. I'll know better when I see what kind of mileage I get out of them... There are probably other riders out there not sold on Avons but we're in the minority.

I replaced the back tire with a Michelin Commander last year at the Dealers advice. I'm looking at the Michelin, Avon, Dunlop and Metzeler right now for the front tire. I had been out of riding for a while before getting this bike, and just don't know how the tires have been perfoming.:confused24: