IGNORED

dual purpose

eagleeye

Can't really think of a place for this, but I've got a 86VR, a 05 RSTD and a 80 xs650 bobber, (work in progress)

So, I'm thinking that I really don't need two BIG bikes, so I might just as well get a 650 dual purpose bike.

It seems like a nice combination to me: 05 RSTD (go anywhere bike) xs 650 Bobber (fun little hot rod) and a dual purpose bike, (maybe go to work, the woods, just blast around)

Of course this means the 86 VR has got to go.

One last thing, money is an object. :)

What do you all think?

Steve

Steve,

Picked up my KLR650 yesterday, installed crash bars, engine guard, skid plate, and a couple of other little gadgets. Will be taking it for a ride on the roads today and running thru Francis Marion Nat'l Forest OHV trails (40 mile track loop) on Thursday. I'll let you know how it went. Will also be posting pictures next week.

Let the fun begin!

RR

Your gonna laugh, but this winter picked up an 97' XT225 and I am having a blast with it. Its a perfect compliment to the Venture - 250lbs, single, quick, 85 mpg - Great for running around town, back roads, and I know guys who actually race them on the dirt. I am not that aggressive. 31" Seat height is confidence inspiring - and was CHEAP!. Got it with only 1300 miles on it, and almost mint condition. I put a little rack and tail pack on it.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Stu

Exactly what I did this summer. The 03 YZF600R isn't exactly the off road type but it's better for all around riding like, in town, some highway, more nimble etc. Still have the 99 for the long trips, better comfort and all the bells and whistles.

Hey Jeff,

thought about you going to get your bike last weekend. Can't wait to see the pics.

If you want to try some highway miles with it, come on down.

I'm thinking that maybe around a 250 / 400 might be a better size for what I want, kinda like Seforemans XT225. Something like that might just be the ticket.

That's a beauty!

Steve

Guest Popeye

I've been lookin' for a hop-to-work bike since I only ride 1-12 miles to work & there is no place to park in the shade, out of rain, snow, etc.

It'd be great to find a little 400cc with no extras except a speedometer to get wet & cook in the sun.

Their tough to find, though....now that e/one is discovering bikes lately.